|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 14, 2021|
|Category|| Procurement |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the Job: leading and developing standard utilization system for procurement and Supplies management that ensure quality, efficiency and timely acquisition and supply of goods and properties required for overall goal of Getasew Ayalew import and export, Woinut Trading PLC and PGM Sustainable Harvest Marketing PLC.
Key Result Areas:
- Procurement and Property Management Analysis
- Procurement and Property Maintenance and Control
- Property Disposal Control
- Bid Management
- Periodic inventory Control
- Supplier Relationship Management
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in assessing the needs or requirements of sectors.
- Design appropriate procurement policies and procedures and direct and monitor their implementation
- Lead in assessing supply market to identify potential sources of suppliers for each of the items to be purchased.
- Ensure that supplier database is maintained properly and updated regularly.
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of tender document for the procurement of goods and services.
- Ensure that all bidding processes are based procurement policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Co-ordinate the evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals.
- Lead the Design and implementation of supplier/vendor rating system to evaluate and improve supplier performance that enables the work units to make informed future sourcing decisions.
- Lead supplier agreements/contracts by closely working with suppliers to reach agreement on terms and conditions to get best deal in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Approve purchase requisitions and administer contracts to ensure compliance against terms and agreements.
- Monitor claims to suppliers and vendors for defectives, shortage, and missing parts and follow up taking of prompt remedial actions.
- Prepare procurement related reports and submit to appropriate supervisor/s
- Implement appropriate quality control procedures in the entire procurement cycle.
- Review and approve requirement plan of sectors and prepare consolidated annual procurement plan.
- Lead the proper classification, codification and maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information about procurement items.
- Follow up that suppliers are being paid on time and according to terms of agreement.
- Analyse and evaluate the best method to protect and maintain the value of the assets, and evaluation of the costs associated with acquired properties management.
- Lead the inspection, appraisal, administration, storage, protection and maintenance of seized or restrained property.
- Lead the disposal process of acquired and used properties.
- Schedule replacement for office equipment which is operational.
- Oversee the functioning of the Properties management and recommend improvements as required.
- Facilitate periodic inventory checks for work units.
- Follow-up the acquired properties and used assets sales process
- Other duties as instructed by supervisor
Generic Duties of the Position:
- Develop and implement the Division’s plans and objectives.
- Develop and monitor the Division’s budgets.
- Identify human resources requirements of the Division and develop plan for meeting the requirements.
- Develop, implement and review relevant divisional policies and procedures.
- Review, approve and submit Divisional reports to relevant organs.
- Support the development of subordinates through periodic performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring, ongoing performance dialogue and feedback.
- Manage disciplinary concerns of the Division’s staff in consultation with the Chief;
- Represent the Division in internal and external relationships.
Reporting To: Chief Commerce officer
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Procurement and Supply Management or related fields with three( 3) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Management or related fields with six (6) years of demonstrated experience
- Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management or related fields with eight (8) years of demonstrated experience
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter enclosed with only detailed CV written in English through ethiojobs.net or via our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 17th 2021 at the latest, referring to the position title and Vacancy number in the subject line of your email; no photocopies of educational/training certificates is required at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!