|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 15, 2022|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Summary of Duty & Responsibility:
To ensure the construction activities are undertaken within the budget and to manage all the activities are undertaken based on the contractual agreement of the parties in the contract.
Duties & Responsibility:
- Plans, Organizes, coordinates, control and balances all the cost items of the construction works
- Studies and designs suitable contract documents for the purpose of construction, purchase, prefabrication and execution.
- Collects and keeps information of current prices of construction material, machinery and equipment (including rental rates) for the purpose of cost estimation
- Forecasts and estimates project costs; takes out quantities and prepares work progress schedules for projects
- Prepares documents necessary for variation order with full evidence for claims and prepare the orders when approved by the Engineer
- Studies and applies alternative economical design and construction methods
- Reviews project take-off sheets and prepares final quantities
- Collects and keeps updated statistical information for planning purpose
- Reviews and compares performance against plan and reschedule the remaining works to complete within the time horizon of the project
- Ensure the quality of material and manpower as per the contract specification.
- Submit a weekly report to the Director Construction and Engineering
- Performs any additional assignments
Terms of employment: Permanent
Number of vacant position: One
- BSc in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- 7 years’ experience working as Manger out of which at least 2 years in the position of Cost and Contract Administration
- Auto Cad software knowledgeable
- Excel and word knowledgeable
- Good Amharic & English communication skills both written and spoken.