|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 15, 2020|
|Category|| Sales and Marketing |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About the Social Enterprise:
Whiz Kids Workshop, founded in 2005, is an Ethiopian-led, innovative social enterprise that focuses on improving the lives of children and youth through educational media. We believe that mass media is the most cost-effective and immediate way to spark young imaginations and make an impact on education. We use existing research on mass-media education, new lower-cost technologies for media creation, and the wide reach of television, radio, print, and cell phones to put that belief into practice. Our content covers topics that include literacy, health education, character building, and social-emotional learning to prepare children and youth for success in life.
Whiz Kids has produced three television series that inspire, engage, and empower Ethiopian youth age 3 to 18, including Involve Me, Little Investigators, Tibeb Girls and the award-winning show Tsehai Loves Learning. In addition, Whiz Kids Workshop has published over 100 titles of children’s books in over seven mother tongue languages in Ethiopia.
Whiz Kids won numerous international awards for its innovation, impact and excellent quality of products. Whiz Kids has extensive experience working with local and international NGOs and works in partnership with the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Health and Ethiopian Broadcasting Corporation. Visit our website at http://www.whizkidsworkshop.com/ to learn more
The Marketing and Sales Officer will help support WKW various services and analyze the performance of programs and initiatives. S/he will help design, develop, implement, and report on WKW branding, marketing strategy, and communications, campaign database management, as well as those of our clients. Under the supervision of the Commerce Lead, s/he will also provide fundraising, public relations, and general administrative support, and other assignments.
Major duties and responsibilities of the Marketing and Sales Officer include:
· Developing action plans for corporate publications in order to promote WKW
· Engage with stakeholders to ensure that WKW is communicating its commercial and communication strategy effectively and that WKW maintains good relationships with all of its key target markets
· Develop effective marketing campaigns for the brand and manage campaign projects
· Update and create news on the company website
· Compile and produce a quarterly newsletter for internal and external staff
· Generate innovative and fresh concepts for marketing campaigns and case studies
· Support management, monitoring, and evaluation of marketing campaigns
· Maintain, manage, and analyze organizational presence on social media sites like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Marketing collateral and stock management
· Manage the promotion, marketing, and sale of all WKW stock (off-site at events, and internally for customers and clients)
· Update WKW website with all relevant merchandise and promotional material with the commerce team
Branding and Development of marketing materials
· Implementing and managing WKW brand guidelines and corporate identity across all marketing material and campaigns internally and externally
· Identifying and working with designers to develop visually appealing marketing material for local and international customers.
· Working with designers for the branding of relevant entities
· Plan and work on the consistency of WKW corporate identity and messages across all services, facilities, and delivery platforms
Social Media Management
· Identifying relevant social media platforms to reach target audiences
· Manage and maintain and build social media presence and followers
· Liaise with advertising agencies and directly with publications, both online and off-line
· Coordinating various marketing methods including, direct mail, print ads, networking, internet, social media, and develop new methods of marketing
- Ensure all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and bi-annual department reports are compiled and documented
- A Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following: Marketing Management, Advertising, Communications or Public relations
- 3-4 years proven experience,
To be considered or this position, interested candidates must submit a cover letter and CV to Whiz Kids Workshop PLC at firstname.lastname@example.org and two professional references.