|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Sales and Marketing
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Using deep understanding of the dealership’s strategic goals and analysis of customer and market data, the Marketing Manager develops marketing campaigns to generate leads, create product and brand awareness and build customer loyalty. S/he works closely with other departments and leaders at the dealership to understand their product, service and solution offerings, ensuring that the dealership’s brand and vision are upheld and are represented positively. S/he will ensure that marketing leads from iCRM and other sources are recorded and issues are resolved. S/he will be the leader in driving the sales function using different branding events (exhibitions, customer days, google ads, …)
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and relationship-builder, skilled in facilitating collaboration between dealership departments and with external parties. Strong project management and interpersonal skills are also critical, as the Marketing Manager guides their staff to complete projects on time and within budget.
Understand and internalize customers’ needs which are technical in nature, i.e. equipment performance, durability, reliability, technology and connectivity, product support solutions etc. Translate customer expectations and requirements into effective marketing messages.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Own the dealership’s lead generation strategy and drive integration of marketing and sales activities, enhancing coverage activities and producing qualified sales leads.
· Lead the dealership’s short- and long-term marketing strategy across industry portfolios.
· Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
· Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
· Select, train, and oversee a staff of marketing and advertising professionals. Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
· Enable the dealership to achieve customer satisfaction and financial targets by crafting innovative marketing programs combining messaging and design strategies, and lead staff to bring these programs to life.
· Champion the customer experience across all touchpoints and define and lead the dealership brands' to build customer trust and loyalty.
· Identify key target market segments and stakeholders for marketing programs and ensure that all communications are clear, professional, engaging and relevant to their audiences.
· Manage both digital and traditional marketing channels, orchestrating programs of various types and stages simultaneously and ensuring consistent, relevant messaging.
· Guide staff in gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative market and customer data, whether collected by the dealership or a third party.
· Develop and maintain success metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing programs, including campaign and content ROI, and make strategic adjustments when needed.
· Gain insight into how customers interact with the dealership and which media channels they turn to, then use this knowledge to determine when each channel should be employed.
· Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
· Foster communication between marketing and other dealership departments, as well as with all leadership team, sharing insights that inform forecasting, pricing and coverage strategies, as well as product and service development decisions.
· Manage relationships with vendors, suppliers, and advertising and PR firms to facilitate collaboration and ensure that these third parties comply with the dealership’s legal requirements.
· Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
· Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
· Maintain and administer marketing databases, ensuring data quality and integrity.
· Assist in customer efforts and deploy business development skills to identify new opportunities for the dealership in existing and previously undeveloped markets.
· Closely monitor the Customer Loyatly Index
· Lead the marketing excellence program
· Lead the after sales communication with the customer
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing; BSc in Mechanical Engineering or related business study is required;
· At least eight years of progressive experience in managing marketing or sales functions and departments, with three or more years in a marketing leadership position is required.
· Previous experience in heavy machinery or automotive sales and marketing position would be highly advantageous.
· Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy.
· Proven experience designing interactive applications and networking platforms.
· Willingness and ability to travel.
· Established press and media contacts.
· Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, marketing automation platforms, customer relationship management (CRM) systems, and tools for data analysis, marketing and design.
· Strong data analysis and visualization skills, including marketing database management.
· Ability to relate to all levels of employees and be a team player who motivates and educates other team members.
· Ability to set and manage priorities for both individual and staff responsibilities and tasks.
· Ability to travel across the territory to visit customers and branches is required. Some out-of-region travel may be required (up to 25%).
· excellent written and verbal communication skills
· collaborative skills
· formal presentation skills
· organization and planning
· strategic and critical thinking skills
· data analysis and management
· problem analysis and problem-solving
· team leadership
· creativity and innovation
· judgment and decision-making
· technological and digital marketing skills
Qualified and interested applicants are required to submit their application, CV and copy of supporting documents through email@example.com. Please clearly mark on the subject line "Application for Marketing Manager".
NB Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.