|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 10, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
RENEW is an impact investment firm that manages and serves the Impact Angel Network, a global network of investors that seeks to realize both social impact and financial returns on their investments in small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Africa. RENEW’s largest office is in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, from which it operates The Exchange, our platform for organizing capital, training executives and supporting investments. The RENEW team includes financial analysts, lawyers and business consultants with extensive experience in Africa.
We are inviting passionate and qualified candidates to apply to join our team as a Sr. Marketing Manager based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. In candidates, we look for those who align with our values: loyalty, integrity, trustworthiness, commitment and a trailblazing attitude. We welcome challenges and face them head-on each and every day! What we do is not easy, but it is rewarding and forces us to grow and innovate. As such, we hire individuals who are committed to their work, take pride in what they do and are relentless in advancing projects forward in a systematic manner. Additionally, the people that flourish at RENEW are mission-driven; they see the big picture and the long-term result of their work, and they sincerely wish to make a lasting economic impact on the continent of Africa. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
This exciting role will be a critical part of the middle management team, reporting directly to RENEW’s marketing executive, and helping set and execute the company-wide marketing strategy through creative story-telling, beautiful materials and a digital presence that generates quality leads for the company.
The successful candidate will bring a combination of strong marketing experience and an open-mind that is prepared to take on new challenges, receive coaching, and grow into a critical contributor to RENEW’s success as a firm. The candidate will need to be culturally adaptive and emotionally intelligent, a patient and excellent communicator and trainer, a strong and eloquent writer, a quick learner, and capable of handling a diverse range of project tasks. S/he will receive comprehensive onboarding and regular support from RENEW’s leadership team and will be involved in a high-impact role across multiple projects and African geographies.
- Working with RENEW’s marketing executive and a team of more junior staff to develop and execute on RENEW’s marketing strategy
- Planning, developing and directing multiple avenues of marketing strategies to drive sales
- Acting as a subject matter expert and consultant for SMEs in RENEW’s portfolio, helping them developing marketing strategies and materials
- Supervising and helping develop a team of marketing associates, across the East Africa region
- Training regional SMEs on marketing strategies, best practices and tools to effectively execute a plan
- Work with project consultants to develop beautiful reports for clients that tell impact stories of RENEW’s working in supporting and growing SMEs, supporting gender equality and creating thousands of private sector jobs
- Overseeing social media accounts and websites to engage existing customers and maintain RENEW’s strong public image
- Developing marketing campaigns that leverage RENEW’s impact results into stories and online engagement
- Conducting general market research to keep abreast of trends
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or related field
- 6+ years experience in marketing roles with a track record of achieving results
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills
- Analytical and creative thinking
- Exquisite communication, interpersonal skills and writing ability
Location and Travel Opportunities: The position is based out of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with frequent local and regional travel and occasional international travel.