|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|December 20, 2022
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in its geographical operation with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People, Innovation and sustainability as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
The role that supports the Marketing & Communications department in executing and monitoring marketing & communications strategies. This role involves creating public relations and marketing materials such as press releases, blog posts, and newsletters. This role also involves tracking and reporting analytics on marketing and communications campaigns and coordinating promotional events.
Top Roles and Responsibilities but not limited to:
Marketing and Communications
- Design and edit graphics for print or web as needed
- Help keep association website up-to-date
- Write blog posts, social media posts, articles, and marketing collateral
- Support plan and execute digital marketing campaigns
- Manage and renew all website domain names
- Primary administrator of content management system (CMS)
- Work with staff and subject matter experts to develop relevant, meaningful content and maintain all content strategy and web standards
- Ensure the technical operability & optimization of the website
- Coordinate and execute social media campaigns and ensure alignment with overall marketing campaign and mission
- Collaborate with graphic designers and create a content for social media platforms
- Manage social media editorial calendar and post valuable, shareable content regularly, ensuring association is positioned as an industry leader on-line
- Monitor and analyse effectiveness of marketing content
- Organize and direct promotional events
- Coordinate meetings, press conferences, and presentations
- Utilising videography, photography (in all project site)
- Create digital communications content
- Use computer editing software programs, video switching devices, digital video effects programs and other tools to piece together film components
- Discuss project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more in any project
- Support manage internal communication platforms for EEIG Construction employees
- Assist the Marketing and Communication Manager whenever necessary.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Minimum of BA/BSC Degree in any field
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in similar or related Marketing/Communication role
- Experience working with photo and video editing software
- Experience working in graphic design software
Critical skills required;
- Ability to prepare letters in English and Amharic
- Experience in file organizing and management
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Content creation skills
- Proficient communication skill
- Producing and editing videos and photos
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Creative skills to think up new ideas for the publication
- Computer skills
- Self-motivated individual and a positive team player