|Location||Bishoftu/Debreziet, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
|Category|| Logistics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Company profile: Ahadukes Food Product S.C. is a manufacturing company primarily engaged in food products, Biscuits and Pasta in Bishoftu town of Oromia state. It is a joint investment between Ahadu P.L.C & UK based Vasari investment Group. We hence, invite qualified applicants for Material Management Officer vacant positions.
Role purpose general: To manage an efficient, effective and safe receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of raw materials, finished products, and packed materials ; also responsible for managing company sales depots in Addis Ababa.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and ensures the receipt, storage (order assembly), retrieval and timely dispatch of all raw materials and finished products at both the raw materials and finished products facilities are performed based on Company Policies and procedures.
- Closely works with Inventory Manager/Team to ensure inventory accuracy and overall documentation relating to stock movements and levels.
- Liaises with suppliers and Transport Team/Companies (internal/external) in matters related to dispatching and receiving finished products and receiving materials.
- Keeps stock control systems up to date and ensuring inventory accuracy.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Produces regular, warehouse related activities, reports and statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly (as appropriate) basis.
- Maintains standards of health and safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment; ensures that these standards are strictly observed and followed by Store personnel and other warehouse staff.
- Prepares loading and unloading plans and ensure that standard waybills are duly complete.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Plans the efficient utilization of space for the arrangement of goods within the warehouse and organize special requirements for certain stock, such as chilled goods or fragile products.
- Manages the work of store men by closely supervising all stores’ and depots’ activities regularly
- Provides technical support /expertise to the warehouse management team; coordinate with HRD to hire and train reporting personnel.
- Closely works with HRD to coordinate hiring and training of reporting staff.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the warehouse team members.
- Prepares (and submits to Supply Chain Manager) periodic reports in relation to warehouse management based on the guidelines indicated in the Production and Warehouse Management Manual
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification: First degree in Logistics & Supplies Management/ Procurement & Supply Chain Management/ Materials Management/ Supplies Management/ Procurement & Sales Management/ Materials Management/ Management/ Business Administration/ Accounting or other relevant field of study.
- 4 years of experience in Warehouse Management or Logistics Management preferably in Manufacturing company in particular relevance to Food Product.
Technical Skills Required/ Required Competencies
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in warehouse planning, warehouse resource allocation including personnel management, leadership technique, warehouse operations methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods using alternative modes of transportation and the methods for evaluating relative costs and benefits of alternatives.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits.
- Knowledge of some arithmetic and their applications in warehouse administration.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective storage and distribution of goods.
- Good knowledge of ERP, JIT, TQM
- Effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring/Assessing warehouse personnel individual and unit performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Using Office Applications for effective communication, record management and data analysis.
Knowledge skills, attitude & attributes:
- Leadership attributes, visionary, strategic thinking, change agent, integrity
- Well developed and proven communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Mature person and team player.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to enforce adherence to Finance policies
- Experience in supervisory/people management
- Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems.
- Background in inventory control.
- Supervisory/people management experience
Interested applicants who can fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter with non-returnable CV and supporting documents within 10 (Ten) consecutive working days from the date of this announcement in person to HR Department Admin assistant office or through-mail: or email@example.com
N.B. Please mention the title of the position you applied for the subject line of your email. Candidates who do not follow the instruction will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview.
Addis Ababa, Ahadu Complex building 3rd floor near Gerji Mebrat Hail Tel: 011-6-293569,
Bishoftu, along the way to Ziqula road near Unlimited Packaging PLC Tel: 011-8-489750