|Date Posted||April 29, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Transform: Primary Health Care is a USAID funded project to improve healthcare outcomes to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths (EPCMD) in Ethiopia, which in turn support Government of Ethiopia’s efforts within the Health Sector Transformation Plan (HSTP). TRANSFORM/PHC will operate in the four most populous regions of Ethiopia (Amhara, Oromia, Tigray and Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region). This will be accomplished in part by: mitigating the drivers of child and maternal mortality in Ethiopia’s most populous regions through the facilitation and implementation of quality health service delivery; improved management and performance of health systems; and implementation of innovative and evidence-based social behavioral change and communication interventions. TRANSFORM/PHC will strengthen the capacity of the health system to effectively use management tools and implement best practices at all levels of the health system and health care delivery with a major focus at the primary care level that includes primary hospitals and PHCUs.
- Plan and implement specific components of MNH interventions in the region in collaboration with central office, regional office, and cluster office teams
- Assist the Regional Health Bureau and other public health system in strengthening maternal and newborn health service in the public health facilities under the guidance of the RTC.
- Coordinate and conduct planned trainings for primary hospitals, health center staffs, HEWs and other public health system relevant MNH interventions
- Conduct follow-up visits, on the job mentoring, and supportive supervision to ensure the implementation of the trainings provided
- Perform periodic monitoring for the availability of medical supplies, drugs and equipment, and communicate to the concerned body to address the gaps
- Ensure the presence of functional referral system across the service level (health post, health center, and primary hospital)
- Collaborate with other partners to increase demand on health center utilization for delivery and other services
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation of MNH programs, in close collaboration with the TRANSFORM/PHC regional team under the guidance of the RM/RTC
- Provide technical support to cluster-level program staff s in organizing, facilitating, monitoring, and evaluating relevant activities
- Prepare MNH progress reports on his/her area of responsibilities and submit to the RTC
- Conduct, measure and document changes in relation to MNH interventions
- Lead/collaborate in the implementation of operation/implementation researches.
- Document best practices and success stories regularly
- Ensure the cluster offices has a capacity to provide and follow up trainings given with regards to MNH
- Plan thematic budgets and track utilization regularly
- Collaborate with RHB to develop center of excellence in MNH care with the region
- Ensure the availability of sufficient number of trainers/facilitators for MNH related trainings per woreda
- Take part in professional development activities in maternal and newborn health
- Promote a partnership approach for all activities undertaken with relevant stakeholders in the regions
- Carries out all other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- Masters Degree in Public Health or related fields.
- 5 years of relevant experience at hospitals and/or HCs and program levels
- Proven experience in the provision of technical support and capacity building Community-level experience in facilitating trainings and workshops is highly desirable
- Proven ability to work as a member of a multicultural development team
- Excellent English writing and communications skills required, fluency in local language is an advantage
- Computer literacy
- Must have integrity and pleasant personality.
- Must be able to travel to project activity woredas and kebeles monthly and as per the need and must know the region of assignment well.
Interested applicants fulfilling basic requirements for this position are invited to submit application letters along with CV online at www. ethiojobs.net. Please also mention in your cover letter your preferred region.
Please note that we only accept online applications and only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview and exam.
The closing date for receiving applications for this position is May 8, 2020.