|Location||Torhayloch, Behind the Swiss Embassy (behind Augusta Shirt Factory) Jimma Road Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 19, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (HFE) is a world leading organization committed to the treatment and reintegration of patients suffering from Obstetric Fistula and the training and deployment of qualified midwives to prevent Obstetric Fistula and other child birth injuries.
HFE which was established in 1974 G.C by Drs. Catherine and Reginald Hamlin has been caring for the women of Ethiopia for almost 60 years. Including our main Fistula Hospital in Addis Ababa we have 5 regional hospitals, rehabilitation and reintegration center and The Hamlin College of Midwives. We deploy midwives into rural health centers across the country and provide mentoring and other support services to these facilities.
The Hamlin College of Midwives is delighted to invite applicants for the MCH Coordinator position:
The MCH Coordinator will provide strategic and technical leadership by ensuring that proposals and projects are technically appropriate and methodologically sound, adhering to the latest global standards of care and practice. The Coordinator of Maternal and Child Health will also represent HFE by participating in technical working groups, committees and other bodies that focus on activities, policies and innovations related to the delivery of maternal and child health services. The Coordinator must have depth and breadth of technical expertise and experience in the delivery of maternal, neonatal, child, and reproductive health services. In addition, this position requires understanding of international norms and standards of MCH care, quality improvement approaches as well as current trends in service delivery, training and capacity building approaches that are based on scientific evidence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of MCH Coordinator includes the following, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to the MCH program, to ensure that interventions related to the delivery of maternal and child health services are technically appropriate
- Ensure that the MCH program is utilizing standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and WHO.
- Ensure that the programs that are assisted are technically sound, evidence-based, and responsive to the needs of the countries and applicable donors
- Serve as the main technical interface between HFE external stakeholders as it applies to Maternal and Child Health
- Provide mentoring and capacity building at the individual and organizational level in specific areas of expertise related to maternal and child health.
- Support other health practice staff to develop interventions related to MCH service delivery
- Prepare analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use in relation to MCH service delivery
- Engage in the business development/proposal process by identifying and supporting new opportunities and by contributing to the technical design, writing, and review of new proposals in relation to MCH service delivery
- provide access and information to the concerned bodies about health services available to benefit both the child and the parents.
- may analyze and develop health programs that work to protect individuals and families from illnesses, and promote an overall healthy lifestyle for the community
- Work collaboratively to integrate MCH with other program sectors where appropriate, particularly with the child and women’s protection and empowerment programs.
- Work in partnership with the Health Centers where Hamlin Midwives are deployed to support aspects of the strategic direction and leadership of the maternal and child health programming guiding linkages and integration within the overall health sector.
- Ensure that the following services/activities: Facility deliveries, Emergency Obstetric Care (EMOC) or referrals for EMOC, Early neonatal care, Family Planning, antenatal and post-natal care services in Hamlin supported health centers are carried out in accordance with the national guideline
- Continue to explore and develop new strategies that support adapted maternal and child health programming
- Conduct monthly meetings with Prevention Manager/ Academic Dean of Hamlin College of Midwives/ and other relevant staff to provide regular updates on progress of achievements against set targets, program challenges and successes, as well as ways forward for on-going implementation.
- Coordinate and manage all reporting from Hamlin Supported Health Centers and work in collaboration with Business Intelligence Office to meet all reporting requirements and deadlines in a timely manner.
- Analyze health data collected from the Health Centers to obtain evidence based trends in MCH program and track program progress against set targets; lead and support MCH program coordinators in Health centers to utilize data for informed decision making on program direction.
- Support Business Intelligence office and other key health team members on data analysis and have a scheduled meeting with them to direct the utilization of competed and quality Data Report and evidence for program decisions.
- Coordinate and plan visits for the Hamlin Supported Health centers.
- Provide any technical support to various Hamlin Fistula Centers and relevant regional bureaus, wereda offices and other stakeholders in the prevention of obstetric fistula, identification and referral of hidden fistula patients and facilitate their treatment
- Actively participate in Fistula Patient Identification Process, in collaboration with outreach centers, regional and zonal health bureaus, weredas health officers and NGOs to identify hidden fistula patients, awareness creation and strengthen the existing referral system and facilitate their treatment
- Submit monthly report providing details of prevention project, such as patient identification and survey of available health centers, to the Business Intelligence Office and to other concerned body when necessary.
- Work closely with Rehabilitation and Reintegration Unit to facilitate reintegration process.
- To liaise with regional authorities and represent the Organization in meetings and conferences related to your role
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Location: Near Tatek, about 17 KM from Addis Ababa
- Graduated from Recognized Institute with MSc in Midwifery/Reproductive health
- 5 years in similar position is more advantageous
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Masters/MSC/ in Midwifery/ Reproductive Health, Public Health, with a concentration in Maternal and Child Health/
- Demonstrated qualifications and experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation of health programs, and provision of technical assistance; experience working in community health preferred.
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software packages; previous experience with District Health Information System (DHIS) database packages preferred.
- English fluency; strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently.
- Proven clinical and program experience working in the delivery of maternal and child health service delivery programs
- Formal clinical training, practice and background in either maternal, newborn or child health
- Proven experience developing and implementing service delivery protocols, norms and standards
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations.
- Ability to write technical documents for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to coach, train, and mentor teammates from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds in the areas of maternal and newborn health
- Ability to comfortably work with staff remotely
- Excellent analytical, writing, and presentation skills
- Proven facilitation, teambuilding, and coordination skills
- Willingness and ability to travel for extensive field trip
- Being an active listener and critical thinker is highly recommended
Interested applicants are required to submit non-returnable application, including an introductory letter, copies of all qualifications and CV to the Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia Human Resources Department within /10/ten working days of this announcement.
ADDRESS: Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia (Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital) it is located at Kolfe Keraneo Sub City K. 09, House No. 920. Behind the Swiss Embassy (behind Augusta Shirt Factory) Jimma Road Addis Ababa.
P.O. Box 3609
Hamlin Fistula Ethiopia
(Addis Ababa Fistula Hospital)
Hamlin College: 0118390621/20