|Location||Kombolcha, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The MERL Manager will be in charge of the monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning components of the activities under the MERL Unit of BPDO. The position holder will be responsible for developing monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning (MERL) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, and a plan to evaluate performance. The MERL Manager also supervises other subordinate M&E folks based at the head office, regional offices and service delivery points of different projects implemented by BPDO based on the assigned LOE. The MERL Manager shoulders the process and submission of timely, accurate, and complete reporting. The position holder is responsible for monitoring program performance and maintaining program information in our electronic information system. The MEL Manager supports learning and capacity building in the MERL unit throughout BPDO including developing and implementing MERL standards, guidelines, and tools under the supervision and approval of the MERL Director.
The position holder is required to work closely with the MERL director, M&E officers, program team, donors, and stakeholders. He/she will receive overall technical guidance from the MERL directorMain duties &Responsibilities:
- Revises and updates Performance Management Framework/Tracking in consultation with MERL Director.
- Designs the Data to Action (D2A) framework in consultation with the MERL director & responsible program team, to track the progress of the program.
- Develops appropriate Project Data collection tools, guidelines & supportive supervision checklists/ tools
- Builds the capacity of all relevant regional and SDU level program teams and M&E folks to maintain a robust M&E system at the regional and SDP levels.
- Builds the capacity of partners in the area of M&E and reporting;
- Provides training, capacity building and technical support to M&E officers, partners & government stakeholders on data quality management and recordings;
- Carryout all regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data compilation, and data analysis and sharing to MEL Director at Head Office
- Develops and manages program databases to facilitate timely data submission and information sharing.
- Ensures timely submission of data by BPDO project regional staffs in accordance with standard tools & guidelines
- Enhances monitoring of program outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on program impact and promote and ensure the use of data for decision-making processes;
- Supports the deployment & correct utilization of electronic data capture systems and protocols such as databases and CommCare and DATIM;
- Regularly updates data on activity level performance tracking system, share analysis & dashboard with program staffs in consultation with MERL unit.
- Conducts regular field visits to project sites with different stakeholders for monitoring and follow-up.
- Responds to donor queries on metrics related and other quantitative indicators by supporting the MERL director
- Coordinates the overall projects M&E System; collection, analysis, and utilization of information
- Works with Program teams to integrate M&E into ongoing program planning and implementation systems and ensure adherence to BPDO M&E minimum standards;
- Supports the planning and execution of cross-functional supportive supervision and data quality audits among all partners within the region/corridor
- Provides head office, regional and SDP level staff and partners with routine data analysis and feedback,
- Supports the Program & MERL team with the work plan development of the project MERL activities and reporting.
- Leads all programmatic data archiving and filing for BPDO at the head office, regional offices & SDP level;
- Supports other projects under BPDO
- This Job Description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities that are required of the employee. The precise duties and responsibilities of any job may be expected to change over time.
- Beza Posterity is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and all Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Beza posterity Development Organization is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Good medical benefits including dependents with limited amount as per duration
- 18 days annual leave
- 17 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 5 days paternity leave
- First degree and above: BSc/BA or MSc/MA in Public Health, Statistics, Population Studies, Economics, or related field with 7 years relevant experiences.
- At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation areas;
- Computer and data management skills; Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies required;
- Experience managing (cleaning, entering, aggregating and generating reports from) data using database platforms; Knowledge of database platforms
- Ability to analyze M&E technical issues, to write clear and concise reports and to make effective oral presentations
- Ability to design clear and attractive presentations and other communication documents, including training manuals
- Knowledge of online, open-source data collection tools and approaches and or database environment and/or project management software (DHIS2, Kobo Toolbox, Comm Care etc.) is a plus
- Experience of working with different partners & gov’t system
- Team player who takes initiative as a problem-solver and able to multi-task;
- Experience on M & E of HIV prevention programs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; Good time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience of DHIS2/DATIM system previous experience or knowledge with mobile data collection tools such as Comm Care.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time away from the base location.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and report writing skills.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data Quality and Data use
- Capacity building
- Coaching and supervision
- Reporting & Documentation
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to speak a local language is advantageous
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through ethiojobs.net or in person to Beza Posterity Development Organization Head Office, Kombolcha City kebele 04, Infront of Kombolcha General Hospital.