|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
ASCENT Project Background
Historically, the most widely-implemented means of supporting TB patients and ensuring adherence for their treatment is Directly Observed Treatment (DOT). With DOT, a health care worker observes (in-person) the patient’s daily ingestion of medication, either at the health facility or patient’s home. While the DOT approach has advanced global decline in TB incidence, innovations are needed to address existing gaps, enable system efficiencies, improve patient-centered care, empower providers and patients and achieve greater impact for all types of TB.
By taking advantage of today’s powerful communication mechanisms, the implementation of digital adherence technologies (DAT) can help to overcome health care disparities by allowing patients greater freedom to self-manage and participate in their own care, reduce financial burdens and restore autonomy and dignity, and simultaneously empower providers with accurate and timely information to provide differentiated care.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB- project), the new Unitaid-funded 3 year project that will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies.
The M&E Officer is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of project implementation to improve performance and impact, as well as to document and communicate project achievements and lessons learned. S/he works in close collaboration with the ASCENT project team in-country as well as in the Netherlands.
Place in the organization
The M&E Officer reports to the ASCENT Project Manager in Ethiopia.
As the M&E Officer you will:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Provide overall coordination and implementation of project’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities;
- Oversee and execute M&E activities included in the Country Operational Plan (COP) and overall project log frame;
- Ensure alignment with project strategy, annual targets and incorporation of M&E activities in the COP;
- Contribute to the development of annual country operational plans;
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) on M&E to participating health facilities and other stakeholders;
- Monitor project implementation with a focus on project indicators and quality data;
- Promote a results-based and patient-centered approach to monitoring and evaluation, emphasizing results and impacts;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated progress reports;
- Conducts visits to the project sites to monitor activities implementation;
- Assists the ASCENT project team in the analysis and interpretation of data and presentation of results in tabular and graphic forms;
- Other related necessary duties per the Supervisor’s request.
- Gather information about the project and transform this into content appropriate for multiple audiences and stakeholders and adjust/modify for different multimedia channels (e.g. success stories);
- Maintaining and creating innovative content for our social media channels;
- Initiate and coordinate the production of photo’s, video’s and graphics;
- Develop an annual (content) calendar with important communication moments;
- Assist with creating and guiding media coverage for ASCENT activities, news and events;
- Be the first contact for local media, and get well acquainted with national media and platforms that can help tell the project stories;
- Be responsible for maintaining an up-to-date press overview;
- Other related necessary duties per the supervisor’s request.
Who are we looking for?
- Masters’ degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ experience primarily in the field of M&E in an international organization preferably on TB/TB-HIV
- Knowledge of and experience in M&E of projects/programs in the field of Public Health;
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting results using analysis packages from basic Excel (pivot tables) to more robust statistical programs (e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, etc.) and other platforms (NVivo, mapping software, ODK collect, etc.);
- Experience in training and facilitation;
- Knowledge of the field of media, communications and public relations, including communication strategies, -processes and –resources;
- Experience in writing engaging success stories that can be directed and tailored to different audiences;
- You love to write and delve in to complex ideas and you have an ability to take those complex ideas and turn them into engaging and understandable content;
- Knowledge of filming, editing, photography, vlogging is considered a great plus.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- Ability to cope with stress and to organize and prioritize workload;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English.
What do we offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant experience