|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Internal/External Vacancy Announcement
Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental Humanitarian organization working on sexual reproductive health, HIV AIDS and STIs prevention, care and Support, improving the socio-economic wellbeing of women and girls, environmental protection, youth Leadership and employment. BPDO wants to recruit interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements As a potential Candidates.
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist who is responsible to support the MEL system for the socioeconomic programs under BPDO will be responsible for the development/strengthening MEL plan development, Performance Framework, monitoring tools, and guidelines, Data management, Data Quality, Data use or evidence-based programmatic decision making and reporting based at BPDO head quarter. S/he also provides some basic M&E-related training, and capacity-building technical support to program team and other partners and also closely works with other concerned government staff at the regional & woreda level. Further; she/he conducts regular data quality assurance using BPDO standard RDQA tools and will be responsible for cascading the implementation of all BPDO M&E systems and procedures to the intervention areas including development and revision of manuals and procedures. S/he Coordinate the socioeconomic program M&E activities, including data collection, collation, analysis and avails relevant information to facilitate data driven program management, conducts supportive supervision, and regular data quality assessments, tracks project progress, and timely and actionable information for the area program manager and decision-makers for the sake of program learning and improving program performance. The position holder is required to work closely with the MEL director, program team, donors, and stakeholders. He/she will receive overall technical guidance from the MEL director.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare high quality project documents, proposals, strategies, concept notes and executive summary.
- Conducts RDQA to make sure all the reports coming from the intervention site qualify the data quality dimensions
- Provides technical support for coordination office and filed staff for the execution of day-to-day program/project activities to achieve the objectives and area of expertise.
- Preparing and updating the project management documents including the work plan, Activity Progress Report, Procurement Plan and MEAL plan.
- Preparing weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and final project reports to the department, donor, Government and other concerned bodies in collaboration with the relevant Coordinator and field staffs.
- Organize review meetings and joint supportive supervision with coordinators, donors and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct and Leading regular field visits to monitor activity implementation, their relevance, quality and accountability.
- Conducting and actively participating in the design and implementation of project related baseline assessments, surveys, end line report, studies and any other project related studies.
- Establish effective working relationship with government, donor, facilitators, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Conduct day-to-day implementation performance monitoring for the programs for which assigned
- Creates different templates to track and follow performance of activities at intervention area level so that clean and reliable information can be generated;
- Analyzes data and identify implementation gaps, recommends corrective measures and follows the implementation of the agreed points,
- Compiles and analyses information collected through the available M&E system and bring relevant issues to the attention of the SMT.
- Trace’s training needs and facilitates M&E training for respective staff based on the field level evidences,
- Provides technical assistance to the intervention site level program staff and M&E delegates to have common understanding on reportable indicators, reporting templates and other clarity questions presented by the respective staff,
- Builds the capacity of employees working at the grass-root level in the area of reliable data capturing, aggregation, reporting and project monitoring and evaluation at large,
- Produces success stories, case studies, and abstracts when disseminating evidence-based results to the wider community (donor reports, presentations, etc).
- Documents lessons learned and innovations for scale up,
- Preparees presentations with appropriate data analysis for the purpose of donor report and different meetings and program reviews
- Performs tasks on which he is assigned by the socioeconomic manager/MEL Director
- Ensure that programme/project staffs have a strong understanding of gender mainstreaming and that gender mainstreaming tools are effectively implemented across all programmes/projects
- Coordinate with the Gender Equality Coordinator in planning, allocating and implementing a programme budget for gender mainstreaming
- Ensure that programmes have a thorough gender mainstreaming design and plan from the conceptualization stage
- Ensure that gender mainstreaming is effectively implemented and monitored throughout the project cycle management process.
- Ensure that gender sensitive indicators and M & E plans are in place and that they are effectively monitored
- Ensure quality reporting on gender mainstreaming in all programme reports
Job Location: BPDO Head Office Addis Ababa with frequent travel to Project sites
- A minimum of first degree in Sociology, Psychology, Social Work, Social Anthropology Public Health, M&E, Statistic and other related fields At least five years’ experience in monitoring and Evaluation specifically on USAID and UN funded programs
- Excellent training and facilitation skills demonstrated by training certificates on M&E Issues
- Previous experience of working in NGO’s specially USAID UN funded programs
- Profound knowledge of project /program sectors
- Ability/experience in working as team (team spirit
- Strong experience in operational project evaluations
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (writing and speaking
- Willingness to travel to remote areas and beyond office hours as needed
- Flexible, reliable, culturally sensitive
- The ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Computer Literate, MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-Management and Leadership skill
- Delivering Results
- Planning and Decision-Making
- Creativity and Innovation
- Influence, Advocacy and Networking