|Location||Samara, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The M&E Specialist based at a Field Office level is a technical support position for one particular project. Under the supervision of the LDM Manager at Head Office level and the Project Manager s/he is responsible to organize and coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and of data and to survey the project M & E needs at a field level. She/he also establishes and ensures better data management system and generation of data for reporting and informed decision making by the PM and LDM Manager at sector unit level. This position is technical and within the Data hierarchy focuses on activity and output data at a field office level.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Data Collection and Reporting
- Timely responds to data and project information requirements from Project Managers, Sector LDM Managers, Sector Coordinators/CoP and PQL Impact Measurement Advisor
- Participates in project design, diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Organizes periodical ongoing field office level review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners;
- Supports the organization of quarterly or periodic M&E workshops based on the needs of the project and assesses gaps observed at the field level in coordination with LDM Managers at sector level in Head Office.
- Supports the implementation of the LDM strategy in the Field office & ensure partners and their staff understand the strategy in line with LDM Managers and other M&E Staff and HO level within the sector units.
- Works with the Addis based LDM Managers & FOPOM to make sure that cross learning and coordination takes place among technical teams in the field.
- Ensure that the LDM strategy is monitored and reviewed bi-annually/ to make changes based on regular staff, partners and stakeholders’ reflections and lessons learned.
- Organizes panel monitoring and/or other events to ensure forward accountability, with relevant stakeholders including communities and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties;
- Supports the FO/Project management in ensuring compliance to CARE’s program principles, LDM/project standards, and Global Program Data Requirements e.g. PIIRS
- Work closely with PQL staff and field based teams (to be organized) to ensure quality in program/ project design and implementation
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Designs, develops and continuously updates monitoring and evaluation tools and systems at a field office project level.
- Maintains the M&E systems, compiling and analyzing routine project data;
- Prepares detailed implementation plan including monitoring and evaluation plan for projects;
- Manages field data collection processes for M&E
- Assist the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation;
- Participate in project evaluation and different assessments
- Support ongoing field office level review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners;
- Conduct period data quality assessment at filed level
- Where there is no distinct KM Advisor for a sector unit or project support in the setting up of systems and processes to collect key lessons of the project and disseminate to staff
- Where there is no distinct KM Advisor collects case studies, success stories and shares with internal and external audiences
- Ensures regular and timely reporting from project staff and implementing partners by monitoring receipts of monthly activity progress statements and quarterly activity progress reports and following up with the project staff and implementing partners on non-reporting
- Conduct quality control tests on all incoming data
Job Responsibility # 4 Training and capacity building
- Liaises with other LDM staff and assists sector unit in assessing, planning, organizing LDM related capacity building workshops/trainings to staff and Woreda/implementing partners
- In collaboration with PQL and other LDM staff develop processes for assessing and planning capacity building of project staffs, partners and government staff in M&E.
- Compile and share project related data among field office staff;
- Coach and mentor the front line staff on how to handle project database;
Job Responsibility #5: Other duties
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities described above are subject to change, depending on CARE Ethiopian funding or programming.
III. GENDER EQUALITY AND PSHEA
- The Position holder will be responsible for ensuring that gender equality and diversity values are upheld in the recruitment, orientation, performance assessment and management of staff.
- Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
- Create an environment within CARE's workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
IV. PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- The level of problem solving this position will face is level number two. What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis.
V. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
A. EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 years of relevant experience with the first degree and 3 years of relevant experience plus with post graduate degree in Social Science, Statistics or other related fields.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of statistical software.
B. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Highly organized, attention to detail and analytical skill;
- Computer skill particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skill;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainability;
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written.
- Utilizing programming and statistical software (such as SPSS) to compile data and information for various systems, and knowledge of basic PME and research tools;
- Exposure in developing and/or maintaining database using like MS Access, etc.
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, analytical ability, initiating action, interpersonal skills, developing teams, decision making, information monitoring, facilitating change, proactive problem solving, planning, organizing and communicating with impact.
VI. CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- The jobholder is expected to collaborate with FSF technical team and FSF project managers and other CARE Staff.
VII. WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED.
- The post is located Afar/ Samara, with frequent travel to project sites.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through Ethio Jobs
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.