|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 30, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
MEAL System Development and Management
· Undertake responsibilities for the implementation of project MEAL system and functions as per the MEAL guideline.
· Undertake periodical monitoring of quality benchmarks and ensure they are part of quality monitoring practices.
· Contextualize and use standardised monitoring tools and methodologies as required by the donor and SCI standards (PPT, CFRM, output tracker, action plan tracker, monitoring QBs etc).
· Ensure that regular monitoring/MEAL reports are received and communicated effectively to the project management, MEAL team and other relevant bodies in the office.
· Ensure periodic report are as per the standard quality, standard template, time frame and communicated accordingly
· Ensure communities and children know their rights and entitlements, have access to project information and participate in decisions that affect them
· Ensure communities and children have access to safe and responsive mechanisms to handle their complaints and feedbacks
· Participate in the development and manage project database systems
Learning and Knowledge Management
· In close collaboration with program team facilitate in generating, storing and sharing knowledge (most significant change story, meta-analysis, research/evaluation summary reports, etc).
· Provide and ensure utilization of learning and knowledge generated (including MEAL evidences) in decision making and programme improvement (maintain up to date project action tracker and monitor the utilization and application)
· Support programmes in the identification of learning objectives and evidence gaps.
· Be part of the AO MEAL Community of Practices and provide project learning and best practices to the Community of practice.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
· Provide trainings and capacity building for field level program staffs on MEAL as required.
Baseline, research, evaluations, assessments and other studies
· Participate in follow up and periodically assess and update changes in children needs (especially deprived children) in the project areas
· Participate in ToR preparation, in project/ programme baseline, evaluations, researches and assessment activities.
Maintain evaluation tracker and actions trackers for the implementation of evaluation recommendations in his jurisdiction
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc/BA degree in an area of statistics, economics, health, social development or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a MEAL role in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the following priority sectors: education, protection, WASH, health and nutrition, and emergencies
- Direct experience of implementing and managing MEAL function and of working on all aspects of MEAL activities
- Skills on developing MEAL tools and use of statistical packages
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
· English fluency (verbal and written) required and local language (preferred)
· Experience working in a refugee context.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITY
- The position holder must have excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and Relations to his team members.
- The position holder must have an ability that he can manage when it comes to reach hard decisions to across the barrier.
· Knowledge of the context is preferred.
- Female candidates are preferred.
- The position holder should have a good interrelation ship with others and must now local language (Somali)