|Location||East & West Hararghe, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2021|
|Category|| Economics |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Purpose Summary:
Under the supervision of the MEAL manager, MEAL Officer will be responsible for assisting in the development and roll-out of tools for effective management of data across all technical sectors and sites. The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer is to implement the MEAL work plan and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the program/project. The MEAL Officer will provide the support by collecting and managing the program's/project's output and outcome data. The MEAL Officer also plays an important role in data analysis and carrying out MEAL activities in the field. The MEAL Officer will provide support to the program’s MEAL function in the field through working closely with the field staff to ensure the quality of the program/project. The role holder will also work on ensuring that Community-Based Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CBRFMs) are in place.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluations ·
- Follow program implementation from input to output periodically based on the agreed indicators.
- Track progress of program implementation through internal monitoring tracking tools.
- Develop log-frame monitoring plan for each project and follow accordingly.
- Provide feedback and flag up off track activities and out puts for program managers for follow up.
- Follow and support Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) preparation Participate and liaise IMCs in joint evaluation with implementing partners and government counterparts.
- Participate in internal mid-year project implementation and pipeline review exercises.
- Assess current grants and programs for evaluation needs.
- In conjunction with technical managers and other program team, develop evaluation design, including specification of the necessary staff and resources to conduct the evaluation.
- For internal evaluations coordinate necessary staff and resources to conduct evaluation.
- Review all evaluation reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency.
- Provide input into evaluation needs during project design phase to ensure sufficient resources allocated.
- Develop monthly report templates based on donor requirements IPs interest.
- Review, compiled and submit monthly reports and assure data quality against the standards.
Assessments and Surveys
- Provide technical support on methodology and implementation to sectors conducting surveys Review survey questionnaires for relevancy and potential bias.
- Analyze survey data for potential errors.
- Assist in preparation of TOR for external survey consultants.
- Review survey reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency.
- Review and standardize data collectors training to ensure high quality data collection.
- Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, KAP surveys.
- Determine research design and implementation for studies and surveys.
- Organize workshops to share assessment and survey results.
- Ensure consistency of the monitoring and evaluation system and tools.
- Develop database to improve monitoring and data management within technical team.
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected.
- Assess existing data management systems for each sector and identify additional needs.
- Where appropriate, develop sector-specific data management systems to harmonize data collection and storage across field sites and improve data management.
- Regularly review data received from field offices to ensure correct usage and quality of data management systems.
- Incorporate field and technical team feedback to ensure the continuous improvement of data management systems within IMC Ethiopia.
- Assist programs team with tool preparation, data collection and management within the department.
- Reviewing feedback from field staff and updating data monitoring tools accordingly.
Networking, Representation and capacity building
- Attending Coordination forums (M&E) when delegated by program coordinator ensures strong representation of IMC and update IMC program & management staff on the issues.
- Keep abreast of new M&E tools and approaches and share to the IMC Ethiopia staff.
- Provide training on M&E for program managers and officers to improve the M&E system
- Other additional activities as required from his/her immediate supervisor, PC/M.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Organize the documentation of the project's activities, results, and processes.
- Organize secondary data (internal and external sources).
- Adhere to key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC AAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Ensure that all data collected via the CBFRM has been reported to the manager in a timely manner, by creating a complaints database.
- Support MEAL team in implementing and monitoring the CBFRM, accountability initiatives, and practices across the Mission.
- Support the implementation of methodologies to consult communities on their preferences based on the operational context.
- Knowledge of descriptive univariate and bivariate data analysis using Excel Pivot tables
- MSc or BSC Degree in Public health, Statistics, Demography or related discipline, and MEAL experience
- At least 2 years of experience in MEAL of programs with a humanitarian organization and or working with refugees/IDPs in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledge on humanitarian accountability and understanding of the current accountability initiatives.
- Experience in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge on research and data collection methods and familiarity with statistical tools such as SPSS, SMART, STATA and others (at least two).
- Understand key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC, AAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment Knowledge of project area is required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of database and spreadsheet applications
International Medical Corps Never askes job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transactions. if you are asked for money in connection of this recruitment, please notify international medical corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on October 17, 2021.
Please specify the place you are applying for on your application
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.