|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2019|
|Category|| Economics |
IT / Information Technology
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Job Purpose Summary:
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager the MEAL officer will be responsible for assisting in the development and roll-out of tools for effective management of data across all technical sectors. He/She will be the field focal point to assist technical managers in data management, surveys and assessments. Manage, monitor and support in trucking program performance and create a learning environment. The MEAL officer is expected to consolidate and analyses data on a routine basis, ensuring that verifiable data is gathered, and meaningful conclusions can be reached from that data.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assessments, Surveys and Evaluations
- Provide technical support on methodology and implementation to sectors conducting surveys
- Develop survey or evaluation TOR and coordinate the implementation.
- Review survey questionnaires for relevancy and potential bias
- Analyze survey data for potential errors
- Review all survey reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency
- Review and standardize data collectors training to ensure high quality data collection
- Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments and surveys
- For internal evaluations coordinate necessary staff and resources to conduct evaluation
- Review all evaluation reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency
- Together with the relevant field team always undertake Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) whenever or wherever there is distribution to beneficiaries. And report back the findings with photos on regular basis.
- Support in piloting and management of the DHIS2 database to improve monitoring and data management within the organization
- Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected
- Regularly review data received from field offices to ensure correct usage and quality of data management systems.
- Together with the country senior M&E officer, field office managers and other relevant staffs setup beneficiary complaint handling committee at field office level.
- Facilitate the responses to the feedback/complaints raised by beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the complaints raised by the beneficiaries and action taken are appropriately documented into the log book using the form for this purpose and reported to the country office
- Provide a compiled report on the process, findings and challenges of beneficiary complaint handling mechanism on monthly basis to his/her supervisor.
- Always involve in drafting beneficiary selection criteria for distribution and monitor the distribution is done based on these criteria.
- Make sure that beneficiaries are aware of the precise quantity and quality of items they are supposed to receive so that they can identify when there is problem by providing clear and appropriate information to them based on the information sharing guideline..
- If required provide training to the field staffs on beneficiary accountability focusing on CHS, Sphere standards and others.
- In collaboration with other relevant staffs conduct regular satisfaction assessments of the beneficiaries using innovative methodology such as the Listen Learn Act (LLA) or other forums of qualitative assessment; FGDs or KII and report back to the field office manager and country MEAL team.
- Attending field level coordination forums (M&E) when delegated by the line supervisor and ensure strong representation of IMC and update IMC program & management staff on the issues.
- Keep abreast of new M and E tools and approaches and share to the IMC Ethiopia staff.
- Degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Demography or related discipline, Public health with M&E experience
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably with a non-Government organization.
- Knowledge on humanitarian accountability and understanding of the current accountability initiatives. . Experience in analyzing data
- Knowledge on research and data collection methods and familiarity with statistical tools such as SPSS, Epilnfo, SMART, STAT 0t and others (at least two).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environment
- Knowledge of project area is required.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV through www.ethiojobs.net before OR on October 31,2019
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.