MEAL Officer(for Emergency Project)
|Location||Negelle Borena, Oromia Region and Konso, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
More information at www.peopleinneed.czorhttps://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ethiopia.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: MEAL Officers for Emergency Project entitled “Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromiya, and in konso, Alle, Derashe, SNNPR, Ethiopia.’’
Length of Contract: Definite (for one year)
Vacant position: 2 ( two)
- Provide quality guidance to projects/programs in their planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes as per PIN QSC criteria and strongly follow the progress of goals and objectives.
- Ensure PIN’s planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes meet the sector standards and comply with external accountability requirements.
- Develop and review the project's MEAL plan in collaboration with the program/project team. Agree on project performance indicators, methods of data collection and storage, monitoring timeframes and roles/ responsibilities, etc.
- Assess promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options and disseminate the learning outcomes to all concerned actors.
- Capacity building of the project team in MEAL practices and processes.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries verified and most in need are targeted for the assistance and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Engage in developing data collection methodology and tools and ensure the actual data collection is conducted with quality.
- Prepare all relevant MEAL reports (assessment, baseline, midterm, and endline) timely and guide the program team to practice result-based management.
- Prepare DM and PDM reports promptly and disseminate to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported promptly to relevant programs and managerial staff.
- Ensure Community Feedback and Response Mechanisms are put emplaced and follow the functionality and respond to queries promptly
- Any other related tasks as agreed and discussed with the Emergency program Manager and MEAL Department/unit.
- Supports project teams in planning for and during implementation of Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) providing opportunity for beneficiaries to receive information about our commitment and standards, raise suggestions and recommendations for improvements, and understand protocols for action to be taken in response.
- He/ she will be CFRM focal person at field level.
- Manages relevant Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) tools, and tracks projects’ responses to complaints using standard PIN templates together with MEAL Officer
- Ensures CFRM analysis are being conducted regularly and lessons learned are feeding programming
- Guides programme teams in the use of all CFRM project templates as per PIN Ethiopia CFRM Framework Policy and Procedures
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences, development, statics, or any relevant field more than 2 years’ experience in International NGO’s
- Previous experience in Monitoring Emergency projects under different donors including OFDA_BHA, ECHO, USAID and others.
- Experience in data collection and analysis, and handling of electronic data collection tools
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Substantial experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in emergency context
- Experience in the area of development and/or humanitarian aid work is an advantage
- High ethical standards and ability to endorse principals of confidentiality
- Commitment to and understanding of PIN’s aims, values and principles
- Computer friendly (Word, excel, power point, outlook etc)
- Good report-writing skills
- Advanced skills in data collection, problem-solving skills and analysis
- Willingness and eagerness to learn new things
- Ability to work as part of a team and under pressure to strict deadlines
- Good Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English (Knowledge of local language, Afan Oromo and local language is an asset)
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: APPLY-MEAL Officer-Emergency Project Until November 23,2021
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies)
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.