|Location||Dalol; Erebti, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The incumbent of this position represents Save the Children values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity.
The position holder is responsible to provide essential support to Save the Children’s emergency programmes by being responsible for the SCI supplementary feeding program beneficiary information collection and recording accurately.
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure SFP guidelines are in place and are adhered
· Register each new <5 admission, PLW and other vulnerable groups in the registration book and filling out an individual ration card for such admissions
· Register all <5, PLW absentees at the end of each distribution
· Make a list of all <5 absentees and defaulters, share it with the Woreda health Office
· Proper handling of documents and share as it is needed
· Compile and prepare bi weekly and monthly report.
· Update the registration book with the relevant details (Wgt and Hgt % wt/ht calculations) of <5 attendees
· Able to interpret anthropometric data and provide feedback to carers regarding child’ maturational status
· Record all <5, PLW discharges/defaulters/ transfers from the SFP and highlight such exits clearly
· Observe all <5s progress in the programme and carry out the relevant intervention (education/referral/reassurance and praise of carer) with support and guidance of Nurses
· Any other duty given from time to time from CMAM Nutrition Officer and Manager
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
· Previous experience with the same post
· Sufficiently literate to register children who meet the program criteria for admission
· Basic understanding of Afar/Amharic language
· Excellent working in numbers
· commitment to Save the Children values
· Ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
· To be considered for the post; local language is Mandatory.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Dalol and Erebti. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.