|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2020|
|Category|| Engineering |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Soufflet Group is a French family-owned business which is collecting and adding value to agricultural raw materials through industrial milling and malting among other activities. France’s top private cereal collector, the Group is also a major player in supplying inputs to farmers cultivating various field crops.
In malting, it is a front-rank world player on the malt market with 28 malt plants in Europe, Latin America, and Asia, located at the heart of the barley producing regions.
Varietal selection, seed multiplication, choosing the best quality barley for its malt plants and the precision of its manufacturing process all enable it to produce the finest malt for its brewer customers.
For more information: https://www.soufflet.com/en/our-sectors/barley-supply-chain/malting
Soufflet has started its operation in Ethiopia in 2017 is now building a malt factory and is actively working on local malt barley sourcing. To support its development and ongoing operations, Soufflet is looking to hire a Warehouse Manager.
- Location: Based in Addis Ababa Bole lemi industry park phase II Soufflet malt Ethiopia plant
- No. of position: one
- Experience: Minimum 6 years’ experience, preferably but not necessarily in the malting industry experience.
- Employment type: Full Time
- Salary: as per experience and profile of the candidate
The Mechanic is responsible for performing the inspection, repair, calibration, overhaul, and modification of a variety of mechanical equipment. This position oversees maintenance inspections, monitor inventory, assembly of mechanical components and performing repairs. To achieve his mission he/she needs to work with Deupty Maintenance manager, Electrical team leader, Operators& Production shift leader. The mission will also include performing preventive maintenance functions as directed and as well as performing preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Implementing preventative maintenance plans for Mechanical equipment and perform preventive maintenance functions as directed and as well as performing preventive maintenance in accordance with standardized procedures.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they’re always in proper working order.
- Test and observe equipment and machinery using tools and other testing devices to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs as needed.
- Care for machinery and equipment by cleaning them after use, adjusting parts and lubricating moving components as needed to ensure proper, efficient function.
- Examine moving parts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for signs of excessive wear, defects and damage.
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process.
- Diploma in General Mechanic or related
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, preferably but not necessarily in the malting industry experience.
- Experience in Malting Industry is a plus;
- Must possess strong maintenance ability for mechanical equipment.
- Must possess the ability of working under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
- Must be highly motivated and high energy level. Must demonstrate ambition - the drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions, procedures and policies.
- Positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills of English language