|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||December 14, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This position is responsible to safely drive rig carrier truck and other support trucks, assist chief and rig mechanics in keeping the safety of drilling machine, compressor and trucks to ensure smooth drilling operation. Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Safely drive heavy trucks (rig carrier, compressor carrier or supply truck) of the drilling crew
- Engage in the maintenance of drilling rig, compressor and supply trucks in collaboration with chief and rig mechanics
- Conduct periodic service of rig, equipment and trucks in consultation with chief and rig mechanics
- Keep proper records of spare parts, service kits and consumables of rig, compressor and trucks, and report to chief mechanic for replacement/change
- Identify and troubleshoot minor problems in the drilling rig and trucks and report timely for further support if any
- Monitor the safety of the rig and trucks and report its status timely to chief mechanic
- Partake in the drilling and well construction works
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Minimum 6 years experience
NGO work experience preferably working in water well drilling operations