WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 4, 2023|
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Medical Storekeeper based in Addis Ababa.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules in Ethiopia
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting any damages or need for repairs to the warehouse manager / Logistician.
- Maintaining tidiness and cleanliness of warehouse as per SOP.
Storage of goods (Stock management)
- Ensuring proper storage of all goods and protecting them adequately from heat, freezing, water, fire, dirt, and vermin.
- Ensuring that no goods are stored directly on the ground or near the wall.
- Ensuring storage of all goods in order of their group/family, according to alphabetically, FIFO or FEFO order and according to Good Distribution Practices, ICRC standard procedures, especially regarding cold chain items and controlled drugs.
- Ensuring that bin cards are attached to all items and are fully updated.
- Ensuring an easy access to goods stored in warehouse.
- Keeping control on expiry dates for medical items (less than 6 months to be reported to medical supply chain team and warehouse manager). If due to any objective reason medical items in stock come up close to expiry date (less than 6 months), preparing list of short expires and submitting it to WH manager for action. For expired items, drafting Claim Report in coordination with the Warehouse Manager, picking items from the stock, storing them in a separate quarantine area and starting procedure for destruction in close cooperation with Warehouse manager / National pharmacist.
- Ensuring the follow-up of the correspondence for all the stocks / filling. Keeping filling system transparent and readable as per Logistics archiving standards.
- Reporting on daily activities (IN, Out etc.) to the Warehouse manager regularly.
- Keeping JDE updated.
Reception and inspection of incoming goods
- Supervising and assisting safe unloading of arriving consignments and checking that all consignments are accompanied by their respective waybills and packing lists.
- Comparing the number of parcels to the delivery form (Pre-Packing List, Packing List, Air Waybill, Bill of Lading, customs documents, PO). Signing delivery forms and transferring the cargo to the stocks.
- Performing a complete entry inspection and informing Immediate Supervisor / Logistician of any discrepancies between packing list, PO, SR, ST, OT and shipment vs physical consignment.
- Acknowledging received shipments to Impex and closely liaising with the Impex department/Pharmacist and other relevant ICRC departments for the Quality/quantity Control of received items.
- Ensuring the entry of received goods in JDE without any delays and making sure that OT reception for received items is properly updated.
- Issuing and/or updating Bin Cards for each batch of arrived items.
- Updating Arrival follow up file for all the receptions in Team space on daily basis.
Picking, packing and Dispatch
- Prints Pick Slip in JDE, report all the lines in status 540 to supply chain and process with the picking and packing of medical items. Respect scheduled pick date procedure (i.e., All SO lines should be picked and packed before the scheduled pick date approaches).
- Picking goods according to FEFO (first expired first out) or the FIFO (first in first out), batch, expiry date and LOT numbers issued in pickslip.
- Ensuring the procedures of DGR items.
- Updates the Bin cards during the picking and make sure to have accurate data (IN – OUT - BALANCE).
- Recording any discrepancies between the batches stated in the Pickslip and physically picked batches.
- Ensures that all the items picked are cross check by another warehouse storekeeper to avoid picking errors.
- Organizing packing of all picked items appropriately while emphasizing fragile products.
- Weighs, tallies and mark each package with the JDE labelling (recipient’s name, destination, and order number of the packages as well as the transport and / or loading and unloading instructions (fragile, direction of the package, hazardous materials).
- Processes pickslip/SO in JDE and generates Packing List accordingly. Ensures that each order has a Packing List and issuing/signing of a waybill upon loading.
- Organize the packing of the cold chain items according to ICRC protocols and ensures that cold chain is maintained during transport.
- Ensures that storage and transport of medical goods complies with pharmaceutical laws and regulations in the country (follow the Pharmacist’s advice)
- Ensures that cold chain equipment’s are working properly, and daily monitoring is in place as per SOP.
- Reporting any discrepancies to Immediate Supervisor and correcting all related documents.
- Liaison with Warehouse Manager for consignments ready for dispatch (Sharing of packing lists and transport requests etc.)
- Supervising safe and secure loading of consignment.
- Implementing regular ad hoc inventory on request or spontaneously
- Organize monthly inventory counts and update immediate supervisor on outcomes.
- Taking active support role in the yearly or Ad Hoc formal inventory
- Actively supporting the Warehouse Manager / Logistician in ensuring the reliability and audit ability of stocks management.
- Locking warehouse whenever no staff is present.
- Controlling the authorization of entry in the warehouses of all personnel.
- Ensuring that only authorized consignments leave the warehouses with appropriate documentation.
- Informing the Warehouse Manager / Logistician of any movement of items that does not follow the normal routines.
- Performing any other activities upon request of immediate supervisor.