|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Scope of Work for Translator of Case Report Forms of USAID/Eliminate TB project
Name of the position: Medical Translator
Duration of the Post: July 15-30, 2021
Number needed: Two
Place of the Activity: USAID/Eliminate TB project office, REBKA Building 5th floor.
The USAID Eliminate TB Project is a five-year USAID-funded project with the goal of reducing TB incidence and mortality by improving the quality, access, utilization, and sustainability of TB services in Ethiopia. This project builds on the work of previous USAID activities (Challenge TB, HEAL TB, TB Care, and others) that have been supporting the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP) to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and STOP TB milestones. The Project support focuses on improving access and utilization to quality and patient-centred comprehensive TB services.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit organization that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from Ministries to communities, to strengthen and complement existing health systems.
USAID Eliminate TB Project is about to conduct a clustered randomized trial and data collection tools (case report forms) have been prepared that requires translation from English to Amharic language. To accomplish this, the project has a plan to undertake the data collection using case report forms in Amharic language. Hence, recruiting medical translator is an essential component of the study planning.
Therefore, the project aims:
· To undertake translating the case repot forms or questionnaires from English to Amharic language within two weeks.
· Translate case report forms (questionnaires) from English to Amharic.
Period of activity
- The translation activity is scheduled from July 15-30, 2021.
- Personnel who have a comprehensive knowledge of English language and skill of medical case report form translation.
- An educational background of nursing or above with a computer knowledge.
- A previous experience of at least one-year medical translation from English to Amharic on health-related project or research.
- Ability to work and deliver independently and in teams.
- Preferable the experts that are living in Addis Ababa.
· A completed and verified case report forms (questionnaires) approved by the supervisor.
Please apply through the link below.