|Location||Adama, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Portfolio: Integrated Program
Function: Integrated Field Implementation
Department: Regional Field Implementation
Reports to: Regional Integrated Field Program Implementation Manager
Based in: Adama
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of funds.
Remuneration: As per the organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a MEL Advisor to ensure data quality, timely submission of donor reports, and data use within PSI / Ethiopia. The MEL Advisor will also provide basic MEL-related training, capacity-building and, technical support to regional staff, Town Health Offices, and Regional Health Bureau Offices. Also, the MEL Advisor will implement data quality assurance systems to ensure timely and accurate collection of quantitative and qualitative programmatic data from PSI/E regional staff. S/he is responsible for cascading the implementation of all PSI/E M&E systems and procedures to the regional level including, manuals and procedures.
Key Result Areas:
- Monitoring and Evaluation, Learning
- Promoting the culture of data use for decision making
- Effective data management (e.g. data quality, data security, and reduced cost of data)
- Producing research-based evidence
- Capacity and capability building
Sounds like you? Read on!
- Carryout regular programmatic data collection, data cleaning, data compilation, and data submission to MULU KP central and regional team.
- Ensure timely submission of data by local implementing partners M&E staffs in accordance with standard tools & guidelines.
- Provide guidance to partners about data cleansing and enrichment activities.
- Prepare data summary and visualizations to present the data in a user-friendly format.
- Ensure the real time data entry to CommCare and support the case management
- Ensure the correctness of dashboards on DHIS2 and update visualizations as needed
- Facilitate trainings and oversee and support the implementation of M&E tools through Local Implementing partners (LIPs)
- Build the capacity of all relevant team members to develop and maintain a robust M&E system.
- Use site level data to action (D2A) framework and work closely with program staffs in improving data use culture
- Ensure the regular data quality assurance is regularly conducted both by PSI/E and local implementing partners, and all identified gaps/discrepancies corrected timely at all levels and results entered to DHIS2 system.
- Ensure all expected documentations are according to the quality standards
- Lead all programmatic data archiving and filing for PSI/E at the regional level
- Lead the program performance quarter and annual review meetings, liaise with government office for annual program evaluation.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science, demography, public health, Information systems or related fields with five (5) years of demonstrated experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, demography, public health, Information systems, or related fields with seven (7) years of demonstrated experience
What would get us excited?
- Previous experience with or knowledge in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Office; MS Excel, MS Access, and GIS and mobile data collection.
- A knowledge and data analysis skill using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, and in the handling of web-based management systems and databases systems such as DHIS-2, and DATIM
- Knowledge and skills of using mobile platforms specifically on CommCare
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies is required.
- Team player who takes initiative is a problem-solver and able to multi-task
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and other local languages
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for MEL Advisor Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline September 15, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.