|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 15, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
The 5-year $40M USAID/Ethiopia Pastoral Primary Health Care (PHC) Activity will improve reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes by strengthening PHC in pastoral areas of the country
- Develops and implements a project MEL system according to Pathfinder standards and practices.
- Consults with USAID and other stakeholders to establish a transparent, reliable, and valid MEL system that can easily be tracked and verified.
- Ensures that the MEL system is a cost-effective, results-orientated system that provides USAID and the program with necessary information to assess the progress, effectiveness, and outcome of activities.
- Facilitates data use among project staff and key stakeholders through key analyses and established feedback loops and supports activity adaptation in coordination with program and technical teams.
- Collaborates with partners to develop individual and MEL work and training plans as appropriate.
- Develops/adapts tools for data collection; designs and implements surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Designs/adapts project performance monitoring database to report national and global indicator and performance indicator data quarterly to senior managers, COP, and Pathfinder headquarters.
- Oversees implementation of the project’s baseline and end-of-project surveys.
- Identifies best practices and state-of-the art approaches to the program activities and evaluates them.
- Disseminates information on project evaluations through written reports, conference presentations, and publications, and assists project staff to do likewise.
- Uses data to systematically and consistently document achievements, success stories, and best practices.
- Supervises MEL team members to: manage production of data to meet all reporting requirements including quarterly and annual reports, research, technical reports, presentations, etc. and assists project technical staff with preparation of reports as appropriate.
- Builds capacity of project staff, on the use of data for decision making and performance improvement.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- A master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, or health related field; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience in MEL for USAID-funded large-scale health programs of a similar size.
- Experience leading MEL for previous projects focused on public health
- Experience interacting with Ethiopian agencies, including central and local government, development partners, civil society, and community-based organizations is essential.
- Experience working with DHIS2, and other data system platforms.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Amharic
- Ability to travel throughout Ethiopia to project sites (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- Position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
- At least 35%
Application procedure / How to apply:
- Interested applicants are requested to include the contact details for at least 3 references in their resume.
- Please submit your application via this website
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pathfinder International provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Safeguarding and Protection
Pathfinder is committed to the safeguarding and protection of the people we serve and our staff. We have zero tolerance for any type of behavior that inflicts harm on children, young people, adults, our staff, and partners including sexual abuse, harassment, bullying, and exploitation. We do everything possible to ensure that we recruit only those who are suitable to work with for us and expect that everyone we hire will abide by our safeguarding and related policies and will report any suspected or known violations. This job is subject to a range of vetting checks as legally permitted in the country where they are being hired. By applying, the job applicant acknowledges they understand our intent to verify suitability to work with us.