|Location||East & West Hararghe, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
1. Position –
Required No – 05(Four)
Location: East Hararghe/West Hararghe
The primary function of MHPSS Counsellor is to assist the Senior Emergency Health Response Coordinator with the integration of mental health and psycosocial support in to the general health care. The MHPSS Counsellor’s primary responsibilities are oversee of the psychosocial components of the mental health and psychosocial program and implementing counselling services to the community we are serving.
· BA/Master’s degree in Psychology or related field with at least 3 years of counselling and social work experience
· At least 2 years of mental health and psychosocial programming experience;
· In depth knowledge and experience of mental health and psychosocial programming in the humanitarian context essential.
· Familiarity with IASC Guidelines on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support In Emergency Settings
· Training experience required on mhGAP & Proven counselling skill
· Strong organizational and supervisory, Strong writing and reporting skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
· Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources Honest, hardworking and a self-motivated person.
· Ability to travel on short notice to project sites
· Excellent English verbal and written skills.
Knowledge of local language is mandatory
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements shall submit their application letter and updated CV idirectly on ethiojobs www.ethiojobs.net.on OR before October 17, 2021.
Applicants are required to clearly specify the position they are applying for on the subject line of their application letter.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.