|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the following position:
Job Title: MHPSS & SGBV Coordinator
Required number: 1(one)
Duty station: Shire (Tigray Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, renewable (with 60 days probation period)
Closing date: April 12, 2020
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
MHPSS & SGBV Coordinator will be responsible to support enhanced and effective integration and mainstreaming of gender and youth considerations in the Shire project for Eritrea refugee response. The position holder will support planning, implementation and monitoring of gender specific and integration interventions. She will facilitate and support enhanced implementation of Shire project’s MHPSS & Gender and Youth strategies and approaches, timely and quality data collection, record keeping and documentation to ensure gender and youth challenges and concerns are incorporated in to the project.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and assist annual planning of project operational camps and consolidate the planned activities into detailed implementation plans.
- Assist MHPSS and SGBV considerations throughout the various sectors of the project in the annual planning and development of Gender and Youth Integration Work Plan (GYIWP).
- Coordinate and organize capacity building and learning events (e.g. training, workshops meetings, experience sharing, etc.) facilitated for FH staff and stakeholders
- Follow up if gender and youth activities are implemented as per the approved annual activity and budget plan and provide feedback/update to her immediate supervisor and projects.
- Coordinate and conduct baseline assessment /studies in the intervention areas and design/set in place evidence based and gender responsive systemic foundations (strategy, guideline, approaches and tools) for positive norm development and cross sectoral gender and youth integration
- Follow up and assist for effective applicability of gender and youth related systems (strategies, guidelines, approaches and sectoral gender integration work plan) set in place and provide feedback and update to Project manager and projects.
- Assist and involve in design and Gender awareness training material production, Dignity Kit and Gender Awareness Education to girl, women and local leaders.
- Design /adopt mechanism for consistent counselling services for SGBV survivors
- Coordinate familiarization of existing national /regional polices and legal provisions to host community and refugees
- The construction of shelter, latrine & showers, WGFS and security communities was planned in conjunction with the SGBV program. Lead on Livelihood program for women and girl in refugee who living in new shelter and host community after WGFS is completed.
- Facilitate administrative and logistics issue related to purchase, printing, capacity building, monitoring and related issues.
- Assist in the establishment of linkage and progress tracking mechanism and tools and follow up with applicability to measure achievements towards intended result
- Participate actively in designing and conducting gender specific and sectoral surveys, assessments, formative and researches to ensure consideration of gender and youth issues, collection of sex and age disaggregated data, gender responsive data analysis and reporting.
- Give guidance and closely supervise if project team is regularly recording required data, documenting best practices, learnings and lessons to be shared among different partners and stakeholders.
- Support in organizational and project level knowledge sharing events;
- Work closely with the Taekwondo and Soccer Technical sports sector on how to improve MHPSS.
- Coordinate and involve in collection and consolidation of data for gender integration indicators with required frequency
- Ensure that data from different sources (monitoring, survey, assessment etc.) are used in the annual planning, design and formulation of project and program strategies.
- Assist project team for quality and timely submission of periodic progress reports, consolidate the same reports and share with the Project Director and Gender & Youth Specialist.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Assist and encourage project team for compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
Ø Facilitate and ensure that all employees, local/foreign interns, as well as external consultants submit an updated Record of Emergency Data to their travels out of their base stations to accomplish FHE’s mission.
Ø Assist and make sure that all filed staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
Ø Follow up and gather information on implementation of Safety and Security principles by filed staff, identify factors that increase risk, ways to reduce risk and provide updates
SPECIAL DUTIES/FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Ø The position holder will be responsible to assist Project Director in any MHPSS and SGBV related intervention.
Ø All Program and Finance issue must comply with the FHE Policy and the KOICA Reporting Policy.
Ø She will liaise between Gender and Youth Specialist in Addis for enhanced and effective consideration of gender and youth across project components.
Ø She represent FHE on network, coordination and learning meeting conducted at zone, woreda and camp level to MHPSS & SGBV.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ø Minimum BA Degree in Development Studies, Gender Studies, Psychology, Social Studies or Health related disciplines with gender training.
Ø Four years relevant work experience for B.A and two years for MA.
Ø Knowledge of working with Refugees, IDPs and similar programs
Ø Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff and across partners.
Ø Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment.
Ø Strong set of personal values including integrity and honesty.
Ø Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, start-up environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, teamwork, accountability and results.
Ø Demonstrate in-depth understanding of gender, age and other socio-cultural factors in the context of humanitarian programming.
Ø Proficiency in spoken and written English and the country’s local languages, especially Tigrigna and Amharic.
This position is open to female applicants only
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria can submit ONLY their applications and CV’ to: email@example.com
Candidates MUST refer the position title “MHPSS & SGBV Coordinator” on the subject line of their email and application letters