|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2022|
|Category|| Management |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The factory middle-level manager is expected to oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization’s manufacturing facility, planning, coordinating, and directing the activities (processes) that result in products. They must ensure high quality business activities with maximum efficiency, production, service and profitability for the organization. Accordingly, he/she are to implement all rules and policies to all factory workers and ensure that they follow every regulation and increase productivity of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Allocate resources to ensure minimum downtime and completion of scheduled activities.
- Conduct safety and orientation training with new employees.
- Supervise, motivate and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
- Ensures that machinery and equipment are in good working condition to attain maximum capacity utilization.
- Verifies that stock level based on production planning and procurement lead time is well managed.
- Ensures that employees of the department continuously get the required skill up grading training.
- Evaluates the performance of the employees working under his/her supervision.
- Prepares and submits periodic performance reports on the activities of the department to General Manager
- Ensure that all problems related to plastic products manufacturing safety management system is reported to immediate supervisor and Quality personnel.
- Organize the repair of any damaged equipment
- Assist in running and troubleshooting production jobs.
- Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
- Collate and analyze data, putting together production reports for factory managers.
- Provide training, guidance and coaching to employees in a consistent and constructive manner.
- Work closely with peers to develop good team working relationship and cross shift team relationships.
- Review production records for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain inventory and replenishment of all production supplies/raw materials.
- Control and organize timesheets for production personnel.
- Willing to work the hours needed to satisfy production requirements and drive positive change
- Address team member issues and deliver corrective action to include behaviour, safety, quality, sanitation, work standards and time infractions.
Reports to: Managing Director
Department: Factory and Planning
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal relationship and communication skills both in oral and written.
- Good understanding of labor laws and government procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- An experience in project planning and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.