|Location||GUJI / Sababoru with displacements in the zone, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
• Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC 1 and CEmONC 2), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
• Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling
• Collaborating with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
• Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
• Ensuring hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
• Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
• Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
• Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
• Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols, as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
• Participatingin the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
. According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the newborn, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point. 1 BEmONC = basic emergency obstetric and neonatal care = Administration of antibiotics, oxytocics, anticonvulsants, manual removal of the placenta, removal of retained products following abortion, assisted vaginal delivery, preferably with vacuum extractor and newborn care including neonatal resuscitation. 2 CEmONC = comprehensive obstetric and neonatal care = the full package of BEmONC Plus; surgery (caesarean section, hysterectomy, laparatomy), safe blood transfusion and care to sick and low birth weight newborn.MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
• Provide effective diagnosis and treatment for patients with STIs (and their partners)
• Provide appropriate medical and psychological care to victims of sexual violence, according to MSF guidelines and protocols Act as a role model for good nursing care
• Participate in the development of the plan of action
• Participate actively in the recording, monitoring and reporting of medical activities (eg registers, partograms, patient files, reports and the compilation and analysis of statistics).
• Ensure relevant transfer of information to the next duty team (especially the identification of at risk cases)
• Report immediately to the technical referent any problem arising in the service, especially the loss/ robbery/damage of medical equipment or medicines.
• Participate in the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwives and the ward supervisor
• Ensure all medical procedures are carried out correctly
• Ensure hygiene standards are respected
• Work in collaboration with other wards and departments (eg operating theatre, paediatric ward, laboratory)
• Assist in the supervision, motivation and training of the maternity team
• Collaborate with HEWs/TBAs in the community to encourage them to make early referral of complicated obstetric cases to the local health centre.
• Ensure efficient management of the ward pharmacy and medical equipment: drug and material orders, stock follow-up, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their return to the central pharmacy
Ensure the correct disinfection and sterilization of material, linen and premises according to MSF protocols.
|Education||Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery with valid medical license.|
|Experience||Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs. For OCBA, this is desirable.|
|Languages||Essential, mission language; local working language would be an asset.|
All applicants should send their application files (composed by CV, cover letter, educational records, work certificates and copy of ID card) by email to email@example.com OR drop their application file in the letter box at the gate in the Guji Project Office IN ANY CASE, NAME AND POSITION SHOULD BE CLEARLY MENTIONED AS SUBJECT.
Posting date: 05th of October 2021
Closing date: 15th of October 2021 (5PM international time).
ANY UNCOMPLETED APPLICATION AND/OR
ENVELOP WITHOUT NAMES+POSITION AND/OR
EMAIL WITHOUT NAME+POSITION IN THE SUBJECT
WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES (compatible with the nature of work) ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Copies of CV + supporting documents are non-returnable. Phone calls are not allowed.