|Location||East Hararghe zone in Melka Belo and Goro Muti Woredas and West Hararghe Zone in Habro Woreda, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Purpose of the position:
The responsibility of the Midwife is to implement the Life-Saving Emergency Health and Nutrition Response in three disaster-affected communities in East and West Hararghe Zone, of Oromia Region (Melka Belo, Goro Muti, Habro). S/he will provide technical support to health facilities including health posts as well as participate in carrying out all components of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health packages and reproductive health in emergencies in the Woreda that s/he will be assigned. Additionally, S/he will provide technical support and participate in carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI) in the Woreda. The incumbent expected to work in collaboration with the district health offices, local stakeholders, staffs of World Vision and partners for effective implementation and monitoring of the project activities
1. Major Responsibilities
- ·Collaborate with the district health facilities and provide technical assistance and participate in conducting maternal and reproductive health in emergency in Habro/Melkabelo/Goro Muti district.
- Provide technical support and participate in carrying out all components of MNCH packages (ANC, PNC, FP, PMTCT, labor and delivery, EPI) in the Wereda/ district.
- Provide technical support to build the capacity of health workers on maternal and reproductive emergency services on sexual and reproductive health and Basic Emergency care for mothers and babies with complication.
- Participate in Mobile Health and Nutrition Team to provide essential lifesaving primary health care services to displaced people and people who have no access to health services.
- Conduct capacity building trainings to Health workers, HEWs and HDAs, and facilitate community mobilization activities and provide technical support referral linkages
- Work closely with nutrition staff and ensure an integrated approach and for effective project implementation and monitoring
2. Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
· 1. Qualification required: BSC degree in midwifery fields with proven experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring others
Work Experience required: Previous work experience at least 2 years as a member of Mobile Health and Nutrition Team with NGOs.
Previous experience and training on BEmONC.· Effective in written and verbal communication in English [and insert language(s) here].
· Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
· Training in COVID-19 Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response
3. Additional requirements: Committed to WV’s vision, mission and core values