|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2022|
|Category|| Other |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
External Vacancy Announcement
Maternity Foundation (MF) has been operating in Ethiopia since 2006 through offices in Addis Ababa, Oromia Gambella, Somali and Afar regions. MF has operational partnerships with regional health authorities as well as development partners. Maternity Foundation in collaboration with UNICEF is going to implement a Partnership project in Somali and Afar regions to strengthen reproductive health services.
The overall goal of the project is to improve universal access to reproductive health services in Somali and Afar region. It is expected that the project intervention will contribute to the achievement of HSTP and Sustainable Development Goal 3. The key activities that are going to be implemented in this project are mainly at Somali and Afar region and they include building the capacity of health professionals working in the intervention area in the management of Basic and Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn care, onsite mentoring & Coaching and supportive supervision. In addition, it will include strengthening linkage between the health centres and health posts, and use of innovative technology /digital health tools such as the Safe Delivery Apps to improve the competency of health care providers.
For the successful implementation of the project, Maternity Foundation is seeking four experienced Midwife Mentors to lead and coordinate the project interventions, trainings, and mentorship in both Somali and Afar regions.
The midwife mentors lead and coordinate the designing, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in Somali region, Ethiopia. The midwife mentors will coordinate and manage the project and ensure the effective implementation and management of the interventions of the project. Each mentor will be responsible for the follow-up of the project in different aspects such as logistics, supervision of overall operation, as well as adherence to quality standards for the assigned zones.
- Responsible for the overall implimentation and coordination of the project
- Leads the planning and implimentation of the project in line with the organisation’s mission, policies, strategies and available resources
- Follows up financial activities and administrative issues of the project
- Conduct trainings, onsite mentoring and TOT trainings
- Keep track of progress and compile and submit monthly reports to your supervisor
- Participate in base line assessments and end evaluations
- Travel between health facilities and regions as needed
- Liaise with technical steering groups for MNH on-the-ground
- Liaise with the head office and represent/ take part in regional technical working groups at regional health bureaus and development partners
- Liaise with the project trainers and Maternity Foundation taskforce members/experts at the filed level
- Builds a strong network with partner organizations and local and regional authorities
- Explores best mechanisms and make ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Ensuers best documentation for the project activities
Cooperation and Reporting Relationships
- Work in close cooperation with other key support co-workers (Somali regional health Bureaue, UNICEF regional office, Zonal and Wored health offices, hospital and health center managment and clinical team, and MF head office)
- Foster good relationship and maintain close cooperation with local government authorities, recognised community leadership, organisations and/or institutions operating with the local community.
- Build a strong network of partner organisations
- Lead and supervise the project affiliated teams in the health facilities and community
- Represent Maternity Foundation and the project at internal and regional forums
Qualification, Skills & Experience
- MPH/related second degree with midwifery background
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing and coordinating Reproductive Health projects, preferable in NGOs
- Trained and experienced as HBS/HMS trainer, catchment based mentorship and BEmONCat least for 3 years with safe delivery application
- Strong asset, if ToT trained on Safe Delivery App integrated catchment based mentorship training by MF and FMOH
- Experience working as a mentor in Emerging regions is an asset
- Willingness to make extensive travels to remote areas
- Fluent in English language and ability to prepare reports
- Knowledge in local language is an asset
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong inter personal skills
- Proven team and personnel management experience
- Proven analytical and strategic planning skills
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages
- Dedicated and self-motivated, structured, organizing and planning skills, adaptability, innovative and communicating.