|Location||Semera, Afar, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Opportunity - Mobile Health and Nutrition – Midwifery
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Conduct & undertake PHC like consultation & provide proper treatment based on the protocol
• Strengthening of linkages and coordination mechanisms between community and the woreda health bureaus
• Strengthening of early referrals mechanism in the Health facilities,
• Ensure pregnant and lactating mothers receive appropriate care and services in the Outreach and health facilities.
• Promote counselling of mothers on early initiation of Breast feeding and continue up to 2 years of age.
• Ensure all essential actions are put in place for sick and healthy babies in the outreach sites.
• Establish Mother to mother support groups in the outreach sites and provide one to one counseling.
• Plan and implement project outlined in the protocol for OTP and SC to achieve objectives of the project.
• The health and nutrition Midwifery Nurse will help facilitate admission of the patient at the OTP, and SC.
• Train and support the HEWs in severe acute malnutrition case management and follow-up (e.g., referral to SC) according to national guidelines.
• Train and support community-based volunteer health workers for the implementation of the community component of the project.
• Ensure each and every admitted child receives adequate and quality clinical and nutritional care through existing resources.
• Ensure at all times adequately equipped and supplied with the necessary nutritional and clinical requirements - Plumpy'nut, Vitamin A, routine drugs, nutritional equipment’s, nutritional/medical stationeries, etc.
• Assisting the planning and promotion of awareness creation on nutrition and preventative health care issues in the community.
• Perform other extra duties as required.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BSc/College Diploma in Midwifery and/or other health related fields.
- At least Four years working experience in the field out of which two years NGO experience in related field
- Experienced in Midwifery and health program implementation –data collection and compilation, working with counterpart for lasting intervention, training of health workers, etc. Work in harsh circumstances and travel to field
- computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications; knowledge of statistical software –Epi info and Commitment to Save the Children values
- Proven ability to prepare bi weekly and monthly reports and work independently and in teams
- Ability to meet deadlines and in delivering quality work
- To be considered for the post; Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.