Monitor & Evaluation and Learning Coordinator-LEGO-PlayMatters.
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
About Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
The overall purpose of this role is to strengthen Plan’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system of the LEGO Play Matters Project in support of programme development, learning and accountability (PALS) and quality improvements in Gambella, Afar and Benishanguel-Gumz. He/she ensures that program quality is reflected within the project cycle and the project implementation (in Gambella, Afar and Benishanguel-Gumz) is undertaken efficiently and effectively by reflecting that all M&E requirements are in place and that cross-cutting issues of inclusion and DRR are properly incorporated.
Dimensions of the Role
· The post holder will be responsible for the Lego Play Matters project Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning activities at Gambella/Benishangul/Afar Pas.
· Provide the necessary support for the field staffs in process of project content development (piloting and core intervention content development).
· Lead data collection efforts for their operational area including organizing and training of enumerators.
· Provide data coordination updates to relevant in-country MEAL or Research leads.
· Troubleshoot tablet or data collection issues.
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor Degree in fields such as Social science, Economics, Statistics or related fields.
- At least six years relevant work experience.
- Practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including development of log frames, result chains, theories of change, and assessment/evaluations.
- Experience in digital data gathering and analysis package is a plus
- Languages required
- Fluency in English language is essential.
- In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable.
The closing date for the application in August 12 ,2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.