|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement #120/2020
Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project
The Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture Project (NSAP) is part of the Global Programme Food and Nutrition Security, Enhanced Resilience, which is financed within the scope of the BMZ’s One World – No hunger Initiative aiming at the reduction of poverty and hunger worldwide. The aim of the project is to improve the nutrition situation of food insecure people, particularly women of child-bearing age and their infants, in selected districts (Woredas) of Tigray and Amhara Regions in Ethiopia. More specifically, the objectives of the global programme are: (1) To improve food and nutrition security of the most affected population (particularly women of reproductive age and children under 2 years) and (2) To strengthen resilience of vulnerable households.
NSAP is working on these objectives within Ethiopia by aiming (a) at the increased availability of diversified foods for rural households, (b) increased capacities regarding healthy nutrition and nutrition-related hygiene practices, and (c) the strengthening of multi-sectoral coordination bodies on national, regional, district, and community level regarding nutrition-sensitive agriculture.
The implementation of the project is carried out in close collaboration and coordination with the Federal Food and Nutrition Coordination Office at the Ministry of Agriculture.
An integral part of the project management is the results-based monitoring, which supports the component manager in an efficient project-steering and planning of the interventions. The monitoring of the project can be distinguished into activity monitoring, outcome monitoring, and additional qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the process of the project.
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Duties:
- In coordination with NSAP Component Manager, contribute to the successful implementation of the NSA project and the achievement of NSAP objectives and indicators
- Technical and Content Related Steering of the NSAP Regional Monitoring Advisors in Amhara and Tigray Region
- Responsible for the Overall Monitoring of the NSA Project
- Foster a close collaboration between the different Monitoring stakeholders like Regional NSAP staff, Woreda focal persons and GIZ Office in Germany
- Apply and keep NSAP RBM monitoring tools including yearly monitoring plan for NSAP up to date for regular reporting to NSA Component manager
- Follow up on the already existing NSAP M&E approach and follow-up on its implementation
- Follow up on data collection from Monitoring Advisors of the two regions in Tigray and Amhara
- Advice & support Component Manager as well as consultants concerning output & impact surveys (Baseline, midline & final evaluations as well as output surveys) for both regions
- Train partners on impact monitoring
- Follow up on web-based monitoring tools (the Results Monitor) and participate on team Monitoring meetings from GIZ HQ Monitoring Department
- Provide and organize M&E technical support and develop capacity development plan for intermediaries of the project
- Timely update: feed data & explanation to the results monitor every six months
- Respond to requests from M&E Unit in Germany & sister projects from the Global program
- Support & guide short term M&E experts from HQ
- Supervise project data base development, analysis and interpretation
- Provide inputs/figure for reporting purposes for NSAP
- Evaluate Survey Reports
- Perform other assignments as needed
Required qualifications, experiences and competences:
- Masters Degree in Economics, Statistics or related field
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in M&E area (Preferable rural development projects)
- Proven leadership experience
- Activities monitoring & interpretation skills
- Solid experience with database management
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
- Compiling result-based progress reports
- Knowledge of statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS, ODK is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- High degree of initiative and creativeness
- Very good computer skills, Microsoft Office;
- Proven knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken
- Ability to organize and prioritize several tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural and international team
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non-returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you mention the Vacancy Title ‘Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor #120/2020’ in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categorise applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged