|Date Posted||December 27, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Role and Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation assistant is responsible for supporting the NRC Assosa Area office in assisting the monitoring, implementation and evaluation of activities through data management (data entry, collation, analysis, interpretation and reporting), developing, updating and maintaining databases and proper project documentation.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Supports preparation of reports on the progress of M&E activities as requested by the supervisor
- Promotes accountability to beneficiaries
- Supports the M&E Coordinator in supporting programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use, or if needed, direct management of these activities.
- Support for effective implementation of the M&E systems, including; digital data gathering, data quality management, routine data quality assessment (including data validation, follow up and post implementation monitoring
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting as per NRC and other stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
- Provide technical support to program teams and partners who can support M&E activities in in intervention areas.
- Support data collection during field activities using NRC tools and methodologies.
- Actively participate in the baseline and end line surveys particularly field data collation using mobile data collection methods, training and supervising enumerators, data entry and analysis.
- Support teams in applying and using NRC tools and processes for M&E in accordance with NRC standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the writing of M&E reports according to NRC standards.
- Ensure complete and accurate project information are reported timely to the M&E coordinator and program team with necessary disaggregation (data by area/location, core competency, gender, type of beneficiaries (IDP, refugees, host community, returnee and other)
- Proactively support the identification of gaps in M&-related activities within programs.
- Support the feedback and complaints mechanism as required and in collaboration with the M&E coordinator.
- Any other duties that may develop over the duration of the contract and assigned by the line manager
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
Generic professional competencies:
- BA/BSc in Economics, Statistics, and others related fields
- Have a minimum two years of experience in related field
- Have profound skill on Analytical and research.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office.
- Experience on working with Data analysis software/programmes
- Willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, facilitation skills and writing skills
- knowledge of English language both written and spoken
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of various donors requirement
- Ability to work under pressure
2. Behavioural competencies
These personal qualities influence how successful people are in their job.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect