|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 11, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Department/Program: Business Analytics
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite Quantity Contract (IQC)
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2021
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant who will be responsible for designing data entry templates, data entry, and implementing data quality assurance during data entry and analysis. Work with Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor ensuring high-quality and timely quantitative and qualitative programmatic data reported from all PSI/E programs, regional offices, and subcontractors/sub-grantees. S/he participates in the design of detailed M&E data generation data flow.
- Enter M&E data into the computer database (DATIM/DHIS2) on regular basis;
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor in data cleaning, analysis, and report writing;
- Compiles regular program monitoring report prepared by different programs/regions and application of evaluation recommendations;
- Support in conducting joint program monitoring visits and trainings to ensure accurate and consistent data collection among PSI field teams and partners;
- Undertakes periodic regular evaluation and review of project performance using appropriate qualitative and/or quantitative tools and methods and recommends necessary actions to be taken.
- -Participates in project evaluation and assessments;
- Perform any other activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
What are we looking for? The basics
- You have a BSc/BA and 2+ years of professional experience in computer science, biostatistics, health informatics, or another related field
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft programs, Statistical software’s and statistical methodologies
- Familiar with computer databases and programs, data entry and analysis from DHIS2 and DATIM
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline June 17, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.