|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2021|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
NIRAS International Consulting is owned by foundation, the NIRAS GROUP is an international multidisciplinary consultancy firm with Nordic roots and values. We design, implement, and manage projects and investments that bolster economic development, enhance livelihoods, reduce inequality, improve education and health, and build environmental resilience. With more than 45 years of continuous presence across the Africa continent (including in Ethiopia) , and through the 300 or so projects that NIRAS international consulting pool of experts helps implement in well over 100 countries on annual basis , and contributed to the SDG.
GIZ Ethiopia - Agribusiness associations and dialogue mechanisms
Tasks of the pool of experts
- Strengthening private sector associations
- Organizational Development
- Strengthening the lobbying capacity of private sector associations
- Promote demand-driven service delivery by associations to their members
- Capacity development for associations (people; management; society)
- Strengthening the public-private policy dialogue
- Design and implementation of M+E systems
- Establishment of a digital platform for associations.
Project Period: several short-term assignments through 10/2021 – 10/2024
Qualifications of the pool of professionals
- Education: university degree (diploma/master) in economics and social sciences, agricultural sciences.
- Language: proficiency in English, C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, proficiency in a local language (B 1, oral only) of the project intervention area (Amhara, Oromia, Sidama);
- General work experience: 10 years of work experience each in the policy consulting sector or/and value chain promotion or/and private sector promotion, including 10 years in Ethiopia.
- Specific professional experience: 10 years of specific professional experience in the sector of association promotion in the agricultural sector; OR 5 years in the organizational development of associations; OR 5 years of specific professional experience in the promotion of public-private dialogue; OR 5 years of professional experience in the development and implementation of M+E, OR 5 years of professional experience in the development of digital platforms or ICT-based approaches;
- Regional experience: 10 years of work experience each in Ethiopia;
- Development Cooperation experience: 5 years of DC experience each;
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through the following link: https://cv.niras.com/job/show/7202
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted”
“Female applicants are highly encouraged”