|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Monitoring and Evaluation Director will provide technical oversight for the M&E plan Family-focused HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Program. S/he will be the technical expert who will liaise with relevant advisers on health related strategic information for activities related to strengthening the ability of community-based organizations and other community groups to monitor, document and analyze the performance of community-based health services as a basis for accountability, advocacy and policy activities and ensuring standards and quality of care. S/he provides technical guidance and support to sub-awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness HIV and AIDS services. In collaboration with government and donor health information technology teams, s/he will work toward an agreement on the health information system platform(s) that community partners can use to make data reporting compatible with the national health information system. S/he will work with the host government on data collection and reporting activities at the community level. S/he will review and adapt tools and create standardized tools and indicators to measure community-based interventions that capture relevant outcomes.
- Develop and oversee project monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting, including appropriate indicators, tracking against targets,
- Establish and run the activity monitoring systems including data collection, analysis and reporting to support sound management of the activity interventions.
- Undertakes data quality assessments necessary for the program
- Assess performance, conduct surveys and assessments, and document lessons-learned
- Develop efficient processes and systems for translating lessons-learned into practice for timely resolutions of implementation challenges
- Engage in capacity strengthening of local implementing partner field staff in monitoring, evaluation and reporting skills
- Lead the conduct of assessments and surveys, analyzing data collected, and facilitate the use of data for decision-making.
- Undertake the preparation, dissemination of best practices, project briefs, and success stories.
- Produce timely, accurate, and complete reports that meet USAID standards and requirements
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in health related or monitoring & evaluation required
- Five years of direct experience in the monitoring and evaluation of HIV projects
- PEPFAR’s M&E experience is preferred
- Work experience in establishing/ designing M & E systems and tools and managing data intensive programs preferably in HIV/AIDS programs is required.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators is required.
- Experience in program quality management (both service and data quality) and operational research (OR) is required.
- Knowledge of M&E and data quality management related to health programs, preferably on HIV and AIDS programs is required.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in health programs to provide support and guidance to project staff on design, monitoring and evaluation is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in use of data for decision making is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and GOE monitoring and evaluation and quality management processes and systems is highly desirable.
- Proven monitoring and evaluation skills
- Well-established data analysis and report writing skills
- Demonstrated skills in knowledge management
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Excellent written and communication skills in English
- Team work and team building skills
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Location :Addis Ababa
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address [email protected] within 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Women and Persons with disability are highly encouraged