|Location||Liben Zone Filtu Project Office, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 28, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer position is to ensure the on-time project-related routine data collection, compilation, and reporting. S/he will also take part in field-level program database establishment, data collection/maintenance, and qualitative and quantitative assessments.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Assists field staff particularly front line staff in developing regular data collection format, in field supervision, and data base maintaining, analyzing and interpreting data and ensuring forward accountability to the community and learning;
- Organizing field monitoring and evaluation to program sites;
- Assists the program staff in analyzing and interpreting project data;
- Organizes participatory monitoring events along with the project staff, partners and communities;
- Compiles regular field monitoring report including lessons and provide feedback for the program and his/her supervisor;
- Participates on program performance review meeting at Woreda level as required and evaluation exercises;
- Collects and provides information and technical support in the preparation of quarterly or biannual reports and participate in panel monitoring;
- Supports the production of monthly progress update of the program.
- Analyze plan versus achievements of the program and identify justifications for under achievements or over achievements.
- Analyze achievement against budget and advise program staff on cost effectiveness.
- Coach and mentor the front line staff on how to handle project database;
- Assists program staff and M&E staff in reviewing and revising project M&E plan and indicators as required;
- Assists the field program staff in organizing M&E related capacity building workshops/trainings to staff and Woreda/implementing partners ;
- Supports the development of program data base.
- Ensures effectiveness and adequacy of systems to track flow of information on inputs utilization and program participation, including the process of beneficiary selection and project prioritization;
- Provides information management support to action research initiatives being conducted in the Woreda;
III. GENDER EQUALITY
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, youth and social inclusion issues.
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of Gender Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and PSEAH (safeguarding), as evidenced in previous positions / programming.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
- Bachelor degree in Natural/Social Science, Health, Statistics or other related fields.
- Knowledge of statistical software.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related work experience.
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through www.ethiojobs.net
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.