|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 3, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Dan Church Aid (DCA) DCA is a Danish Humanitarian and Development organisation working to assist and empower people affected by poverty and disasters to live a life in dignity. In Ethiopia, DCA’s area of works include humanitarian response, food security, Resilience building of vulnerable community members and Gender and capacity building of civil society organizations.
Currently DCA Ethiopia Office is looking for a competent Roving Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, under the supervision of DCA PM&E Manager, the officer support the country office and field offices in the implementation of effective Monitoring and evaluation system.
Overall Job purpose:
The post holder will support the country office in the implementation of effective Monitoring and evaluation system/activities. The person will also have a roving role in supporting DCA’s offices in Afar, Bale, Gambella, and WagHimra in M&E including data collection and analysis. S/he will be responsible for effective management and use of digital systems. In collaboration with M&E manager, the M&E officer will assume the follow-up, monitoring, and capacity sharing responsibilities for DCA’s self-implemented, consortium, and partner-led projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation Roles
- Provide support in ensuring that the country M&E framework is implemented as per country M&E SOPs
- Support assessments such as needs assessments, mid-term and terminal evaluations of projects that require Country office support including engagement in tools development, data collection and analysis
- Support in reviewing project proposals and logical framework development;
- Support in ensuring that projects have proper M&E plan and its implementation both for self-implemented and partner projects
- Support the program team in data analysis and interpretation of surveys;
- Ensure indicator tracking and other regular M&E tools/reports are updated timely with the desired quality for all (both partner and self-implemented) projects;
- Support the development of standard M&E tools for collection of data for output, outcome and impact level indicators in collaboration with relevant programme staff and based on the needs and requirements and follow up on the use of the tools
- Engage in undertaking PDMs where required and handles its analysis
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project implementations and give supports
- Support technical support and capacity building initiatives on M&E related topics
- Support the preparation of country level reports such as country program reports and ACSO
- Engage in Monitoring and evaluation of partner implemented projects for better and quality implementation of projects through review of reports, undertaking field visits, etc.
- Monitor and provide coaching to the projects’ staff to improve quality of reporting for (narrative and QMRs);
Design and Management of Digital systems
- Support the program staff to roll out a digital data gathering system/methods for routine monitoring, baseline and end line surveys and beneficiary registration
- Provide technical support in survey tools design that would be compatible with digital system including coding of different surveys and instruments as well exporting raw data
- Provide technical training for staff on digital data gathering and support in troubleshooting
- Control and ensure data quality during the data collection and entries
- In collaboration with the HOP and other programme staff develop the digital data gathering guide for DCA Ethiopia
- Support the team in developing database for monitoring data and beneficiates background
- Conduct online monitoring of the E-voucher performance, tracking and transaction trend and provide feedback to the management/field team for their action to support beneficiaries` to access fresh food
- Handle the quality of data entry and validation and ensure the quality of the beneficiary and vendors data online
- In consultation with the PM&E manager, handle the required communication with the service provider (Red rose) for e- voucher
Documentation, Accountability and Learning
- Ensure adherence to quality and accountability humanitarian standards (CHS, Sphere minimum standard, etc.),
- Provide technical support for effective implementation of compliant and response mechanism
- Document and disseminate learnings extracted from M&E processes, best practices, and human-interest stories for improved projects and program development
- Take part in case studies and other documentation of learning
- Closely follow up on online documentations of the programs/project on PPD; check for its completeness, timely communicate with the relevant team to upload the required documents
- Ensure appropriate preparations are made for any documentation spot-check by HQ. In collaboration with other DCA team take appropriate corrective measures following spot-check related comments from HQ
- Undertake spot checks to ensure proper documentations are available at field office level both for self-implemented and partner projects
- Participate in relevant external meetings as appropriate in consultation with the HOP and PM&E manager
Vacancy Number: DCA-Eth/ VA- 20/2021
Post Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Roving)
Number Required: One
Type of Contract: One year with possibility of extension depending on the budget Reporting to: PM&E Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: According to DCA national staff salary scale
- Minimum of BA/MA degree in Monitoring and evaluation, statistics, economics, development studies or another related field with relevant experience.
- with minimum of 8 years relevant experience with BA / 4 years with MA
- Direct M&E experience required
- Experience of working with NGOs/humanitarian agencies.
- Experience in data collection, analysis and report writing skills as well presentation of findings
- Practical experience in digital data collection systems such as Kobo, ODK as well statistical analysis tools like SPSS or other statistical software
- Excellent communication and organization skills, self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for the post via the below link
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of age, race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Please do not mention your religious or ethnic affiliation in your application.
Female candidates with relevant educational background and experience are highly encouraged to apply.