|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 28, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years. JSI is supporting the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to improve efficiencies in vaccine administration through the deployment of MasterCard’s Wellness Pass solution and complementary services. JSI will serve as a third-party service provider to the Ministry of Health to help it in its implementation of the Program in Ethiopia.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will provide technical support to the program team in close concert with the Activity Manager on the Wellness Pass project development and implementation activities. S/he will be responsible to work with project teams and other stakeholders to identify the project’s needs, conduct, and monitor various program performance and project indicator tracking. The M&E Specialist will work closely with the project team to ensure all objectives are met. S/he will advise the Activity Manager and the Senior Lead Technical Advisor on all aspects of monitoring and evaluation interventions, identify implementation challenges, work with the project team to identify appropriate corrective actions, and support related interventions.
- Develop, implement and regularly update the project’s
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan, routine monitoring, and the design and implementation of research and evaluation studies.
- Participate in and/or oversee project related data that is captured, documented and reported and that performance reports are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Support the development of M&E protocols and instruments including the establishment of data collection exercise.
- Work closely with different teams in building capabilities for the project’s data management system.
- Actively participate in the development of work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, job aids, manuals and guidelines.
- Ensure effective M&E training for project staff is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure ownership of the Monitoring,
- Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan.
Promote proper use of health information system instruments for data collection, record keeping and reporting at all levels.
- Conduct periodic field visits to ensure that the project’s work plan is effectively implemented at all levels of the health system.
- Lead the coordination of the MEL activities and regularly monitor and update progress against various indicators.
- Take the lead for compiling data and preparing various performance reports including monthly updates, quarterly reports, and routine indicators for GAVI and other stakeholders as needed.
- Responsible for implementing JSI’s Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management.
- Perform any other duties requested by the supervisor.
- Graduate degree in public health, demography, statistics or other relevant field and a minimum of five years working in the area of M&E.
- Experience working on GAVI project is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of M&E for public health programs highly preferably in health information systems.
- Previous work experience in the field of international public health (international NGO experience a plus), specifically working with health information systems.
- Proven experience in data analysis techniques of both quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Knowledge of statistical software such as Microsoft Excel, SPSS or STATA or SAS is essential and database systems such as Microsoft Access an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent (written and spoken) in Amharic and with excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Willingness to travel within Ethiopia for up to 25% of time.