|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 29, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snv.org.Project backgroundHorti-LIFE is funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN) and implemented by SNV Ethiopia in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture. The aim is to increase productivity and food safety in the horticultural sector by supporting smallholder farmers, rural SMEs, and supporting institutions.The project team consists of a Team leader (international), a deputy team leader, and experts on horticultural production, fund management, seed multiplication, micro-finance, plant protection, agricultural education, gender, and nutrition. Each of the four regions where the project works, has a regional manager and a senior horticultural expert, next to 65 horticultural field staff working at woreda and cluster levels.Purpose of the jobWithin the project, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) advisor is responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. This means designing and implementing all M&E activities as well as the documentation and learning of the project. All this is done in coordination and cooperation with other national-level experts.Job DescriptionKey Responsibilities of the MEAL Advisor are:
- Design the M&E framework
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures, and progress toward achieving the project output.
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results
- Train all staff on the M&E framework and their role in the digital data collection system.
- Collect all M&E data and report these to the Team Leader and the team.
- Establish a database of the main horticultural actors and activities.
- Co-organise external surveys
- Feedback provision and suggest strategies for improvement
- Organise a learning and documentation process
- Document the quarterly staff meetings
- Publish the Lessons Learnt
- Draft, design, layout, & print PR, training, and extension materials.
QualificationsEducation And Experience
- A Master's degree in the area of mathematics, agricultural/ rural development, statistics, economics, social science, Monitoring & Evaluation with preferable competency in computer science with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience in development work and project implementation.
- Solid knowledge of digital data collection and analysis (incl. database management)
- Experience with documentation and organizing learning events
- Good insight into smallholder development and familiarity with gender concepts
- Excellent English communication
Additional InformationContract Type: NationalExpected start date: As soon as possibleDuty Station: Addis Ababa, EthiopiaContract Duration: one year with the possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.Working at SNVSNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package; for internationals, we offer an international benefits package and to Ethiopian nationals, we offer a competitive national package. We also offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts.