|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA supports those affected by violent conflicts, natural disasters, and chronic poverty in fragile states, irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or age. By working alongside communities, we contribute to signs of hope and restoration, supporting people to overcome hardship and rebuild their lives. Inspired by our Christian faith, we provide relief, hope and recovery to people impacted by conflicts and disasters, as we work towards a world where people have hope and live dignified lives in peaceful communities. We value people, we are faithful, we are good stewards, and we serve with integrity. In Ethiopia, ZOA delivers innovative, and ground-breaking projects in Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH, TVET, Humanitarian Relief, and Peacebuilding, with a strong focus on inclusion, participation and sustainability, thereby achieving lasting positive change.
All ZOA employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families. We seek to recruit a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the following position:
He/she will be part of the Country office Programme team in pursuing the monitoring and evaluation tasks together with MEAL coordinator and ensuring high quality and timely inputs provided for implementation of programme office projects activities to maintain its overall objective and results in a cost effective and timely manner. The task holder is required to timely and accurately documents the progress of the projects and document lessons learnt and report by developing and implementing a sound M&E system. He/she also will be responsible for an increased level of transparency and accountability to the refugee and host community as well as other stakeholders, according to the Core Humanitarian Standard.
Typical Responsibilities - Key end Results of the Position:
- Support programme office MEAL staffs in developing MEAL systems, including MEAL plans; project implementation plans, log frames; data management tools for each of ZOA’s programmes and projects;
- Provide technical expertise, support, mentoring and training on MEAL and any other topic to ZOA project staff members as required;
- Establish databases for all projects and analyze the monthly reports from the field;
- Conduct quarterly field visits per programme office for monitoring of implementation following the proposed plans and submit reports to MEAL coordinator and Manager of Programme Quality;
- Closely work with the MEAL coordinator on the design and roll-out of standardized monitoring tools and methodologies;
- Contribute to the formulation and writing of proposals and reports;
- Compile and disseminate periodic reports including monthly action plan tracker and CRM database, and quarterly MEAL report to management team for decision making:
- Collect good quality monitoring data (field visit, CFRM, action plan tracker), organize data to ensure that regular reports are generated from monitoring data and that findings are communicated effectively to the Country Office and Programme Office in a timely manner;
- Ensure the utilization of appropriate reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs or develop and maintain effective information database;
- Participate in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events;
- Together with the MEAL Coordinator undertake accountability activities and develop tools to track adherence to Core Humanitarian Standards, including the development and use of information materials and the establishment of a pilot complaints response mechanism. This may include management of an Accountability Assistant, ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Organize and coordinate lessons learnt workshops/review of program work plans with partners and other stakeholders;
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of programme quality and contribute to quality assurance of projects. Regularly produced and report on best practices and case studies; ensure new analysis and information is available, including for the forthcoming communications strategy;
- Ensure that beneficiaries and other vulnerable community members including stakeholders are involved and participated in all MEAL activities.
Dealing with Problems:
The incumbent should have a high degree of problem analysis for both external and internal environments in order to propose viable solution which is in line with the organizational rules and regulations.
Communications and Working Relationships:
Internally: MEAL Coordinator, Manager of Programme Quality and Programme staffs.
Externally: Refugees, host community, community committees, local and international NGOs operating in the same geographical locations, government bodies, donors, external consultants.
Education & Experience
- BA/MSc in Economics, Agricultural economics, Statistics or other Social Sciences studies;
- At least 3-5 years’ years of progressive experience in, and extensive knowledge of M&E, training staff, capacity building, quantitative and qualitative data collection, analysis and reporting and/or other aspects of M&E;
- Experience with statistical packages such as SPSS, GIS Software: MAP-INFO, ARC-VIEW preferred but not required;
- Experience in digital data collection Kobo tool box, ODK etc.
Minimum qualifications Skills & Attributes
- Specific knowledge of donors such as OFDA, WFP, UNOCHA, EU, MoFA The Netherlands, is highly desirable;
- Refined professional writing and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in Project Cycle Management and CHS;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative relationships with employees; highly approachable and responsive in nature;
- Ability to work with programme staff of varied skills, experience and background at all level;
- Being able to work under pressure and meeting deadlines;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Independent, self-starter; makes informed decisions without constant direction;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required;
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years .
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.