|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2020|
|Category|| Agriculture |
|Job Type|| Contract |
The purpose and role of the MEAL officer is to ensure effective implementation and coordination of VSF Germany EL WASH OFDA and other projects in the country. This entails supporting the field-based staff and country office in the following significant roles; 1) Promote documentation and learning; 2) Guide field staff on project data collection, monitoring and evaluation of all project progress, and; 3) ensure compliance with M&E standards for the project. He/ She will closely work with VSF G field team, partners, government and other actors implementing similar projects on the quality of M&E system, work plan development and consolidation of lessons learnt.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Prepare MEAL Plan for the project which documents the implementation of the project activities and monitor progress toward work plan targets and milestones
- Review VSFG M&E plans and advice on data collection methodologies, data quality assurance, and indicator reporting.
- Support the Project Managers, project officers and partners on sound work planning development.
- Maintain and update an M&E Framework for the project, bringing together tools and outlining systems as required.
- Ensure that routine project monitoring takes place on time (including field missions, reporting, indicator achievement monitoring, and satisfaction surveys with beneficiaries and stakeholders).
- Ensure the accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of VSFG’s verification system of activities implementation
- Oversee the effective use of monitoring data and feedback to improve current programming, including development of agreed recommendations to ensure improvements to the quality and appropriateness of project data collection tools.
- Provide data and analysis as required for strategic purposes and feed into the overall programme strategy for new programme design, including development of proposal with SMART indicators.
- Ensure that VSF G delivers on all internal and external M&E requirements in a timely manner and with high quality data and information.
- Provide capacity building and technical support to the PMs and Field staff and other partners on all areas of M&E.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and review all project surveys; baselines/end lines, assessments and evaluations including designing tools and sampling methodologies, training teams, planning fieldwork, producing analysis and reports.
- Document all learning in the project ensuring that learning is captured and effectively shared with the donor and stakeholders.
- Represent VSFG at relevant M&E coordination forums/meetings.
- Any other relevant tasks that is job related as requested by Line Manager
- At least a degree in any of the following: Agriculture, statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or relevant discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in M &E or related work; NGO experience will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative/participatory research methods.
- Demonstrated experience with team work and field experience a plus.
- Proven capacity to build the M&E skills of colleagues, partners and community members.
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles and experience of working on mainstreaming M&E activities.
- Confident, with presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially MS office as well as data entry/statistical packages, such as Excel, MS Access and SPSS.
- Ability to work under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Sphere and commitment to humanitarian principles, a plus.
- Excellent oral and written (English) communication skills and project area local language (Afar, South Omo).
Place of work: 50% Addis Ababa and 50% Semera, Afar
Monthly salary: As per VSF Germany salary scale
No. Of positions: One
Contract period: One (1) year
Interested and qualified candidates meeting the minimum requirements should send application comprising of the following documents to VSF-Germany email Address;[email protected] mentioning the title of the position, with in 10 calendar days
- Updated CV not more than 3 pages
- Cover letter for application only One (1) page
- One-page summary table of educational background, work experience, skill, competence and current or last salary.
DON’T SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter as you will provide them up on request only. Make sure also you clearly state the job position in your email.
Due to the urgency of some position we shall conduct assessments on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents