|Location||Mekele, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
- Program design, implementation, and reporting
- Policy engagement and networking
- Partnership development and strengthening
Qualifications/ experience essential:
· Education at Bachelor’s Degree level or equivalent in Social science, Development studies, Economics, Statistics and Management
· 5 years of monitoring & evaluation position experience and at least 2 years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience with NGOs.
· Practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including log frames, result chains, theories of change, and assessment/evaluations.
· Experience in staff/team management, coaching, mentoring, capacity building, and performance review and appraisal is the plus.
· Knowledge of strategic planning process es
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
· Demonstrated experience of operational and programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at ERA & community levels.
· Sound understanding of integrated development issues and critical analysis of child poverty
· Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts.
· Fluency in English language is essential
In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
The closing date for the application in 09 July 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.