|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
Dexis provides the personnel, systems, and technical capacity needed to ensure that ESP is operational, grant-ready, and active in activity implementation. Dexis’ Field Team brings the OTI experience, relevant field experience, and operations savvy necessary for Dexis to quickly research, identify, and develop grants for activities with local organizations.
- Managing and overseeing overall monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the program.
- Leading and managing program-level evaluation of higher-level outcomes and theories of change.
- Supporting and advising colleagues on activity-level monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring quality and consistency across offices.
- Helping identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle and program strategy.
- With support from USAID/OTI, contributing to the design, implementation and ongoing revision of a MEL system that adheres to USAID/OTI guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting.
- Offering technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of MEL processes and tools.
- Overseeing and advising colleagues on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Providing input and advice on procurement of external MEL services, if needed.
- Training, coaching and mentoring other staff, and local partners where required, on key MEL concepts, tools, and processes.
- Undertaking, as security and public health conditions allow, regular visits to project locations to collect data and/or oversee data collection efforts.
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party - Programs or her designee.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or seven (7) years of relevant work experience without a degree. Relevant experience includes experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning; social science research; political analysis; or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills and writing abilities; demonstrated understanding of the socioeconomic and political landscape in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys interviews, and focus groups .
- Experience working in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects in Ethiopia.
- Supervisory experience. Remote management experience highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Experience coaching and building capacity remotely.
- Familiarity with complexity-aware monitoring methods.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Experience working with USAID programs.
- Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Access; familiarity with statistical software.
Please submit your application online via ethiojobs.net including a cover letter (describing your motivation and suitability for the role) and a CV (max 2-4 pages).