|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Young Women’s Christian Association in Ethiopia is an affiliate member of World YWCA; an international voluntary membership movement that connects women leading social and economic change in over 120 countries. YWCA in Ethiopia was initially founded in 1962 and reestablished in 2000 then re-registered as an Ethiopian resident charity following proclamation 621/2009 and again re-registered with revised CSO 1113/2019 proclamation under FDRE CSO agency.
YWCA in Ethiopia seeks to improve the status of women and girls and empower through intervening on its core intervention focus areas; advancing gender equality, influencing governance and planning, socioeconomic empowerment, sexual and reproductive health, access to education, and young women leadership development. Currently, YWCA Ethiopia is looking to hire competent professionals. Therefore, YWCA Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer positions.
Qualification and Experience: - MA/BA Degree in Economics, Development Studies, Sociology, Social Work, Project Management & Measurement and related fields with minimum 2/4 of years of experience in women, youth, and community-focused development projects design and planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation. Experience in the civil society sector is mandatory.
- Demonstrate the capacity to design data collection tools, coordinate data collection process, analysis, and interpretation, and disseminate monitoring and evaluation feedback for projects staff and management.
- Good understanding and application of rights-based, gender transformative, participatory, working in partnership, feminist approach, and evidence-based advocacy approaches in project monitoring, evaluation, and learning system.
- Excellent reporting writing skills that met the standard and requirements of Donors and government project signatories including preparing case stories and best practices.
- Ability to plan, manage and lead MEAL activities with the capacity to work in collaboration with staff, stakeholders, and partners
- Ability to work with a diverse team and willingness to work under pressure environment
- Sound verbal and written communication skills in English and Amharic languages
- Good skills in working on evaluation research and demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical techniques.
Computer proficiency in word processing, PowerPoint, database, spreadsheet and graphics presentations (including Excel, Access, SPSS,), and other internet applications
Interested applicants can send non-returnable copies of their CV and credentials and apply through the below email address firstname.lastname@example.org in 7 working days from the date of the announcement. For further information, please contact us on 0118880285 during office hours.
YWCA Ethiopia is an equal opportunity employer
Young Women and Person’s with Disability are encouraged to apply