|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) specialist will mainly be responsible for coordinating, standardizing, quality assurance and providing professional guidance related to MEL design and implementation and organizational level consolidation of MEL outputs. The MEL specialist will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing effective systems to monitor progress, impacts, and successes of project activities and performance at all levels. S/he gathers, analyzes, and processes complex information related to all aspects of program activity implementation. S/he will coordinate activities related to impact assessments, baseline studies, surveys and need assessments to identify necessary changes and future project opportunities. The MEL Specialist will also coordinate monitoring of all project activities and ensure that PRECISE projects comply with partners performance reporting requirements. S/he Work closely with partners and PRECISE Team to provide high quality, technical input into concept notes and proposals, and ensure that lessons learned through monitoring, evaluation and learning activities shape project and programme design.
Who We Are
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in developing of projects log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Ensure that detailed and feasible monitoring plans are developed that:
i) provide an indicator matrix,
ii) consider ethical and safe collection and storage of data,
iii) consider data quality audits,
iv) consider storing, protecting and sharing project documents.
- Develop tools that aid documenting, storing and sharing lessons learned that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practice.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
- Identify areas where technical support to project teams is required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative and quantitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to Programs Director on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Conduct field monitoring visits and document learnings and share lessons.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Assist with selection of consultant with skills appropriate to conduct study.
- Utilize established SharePoint system to store key documents and share key project and country related information with other staff.
- Provide regular updates on project progress against key metrics to the Client for inclusion in reports, work planning and learning events.
- Develop an annual calendar of MEL activities.
- Manage assessments, evaluations, baseline and endline studies.
- Put in place systems and dashboards for real-time monitoring and ensure data quality.
- Develop PRECISE’s strategy for influencing and learning, aiming to strengthen integration of learning in our programmes and the organization’s voice in relevant sector forums.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging and trending best practice in processes and tools for M&E, including evaluations of similar programmes.
- Perform other duties as may be allocated by supervisor.
- Coordinate and participate in new projects design
- Develop aggregate impact report of all precise projects
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience in implementing electronic, mobile or tablet-based data-collection systems for data entry, analysis and storage of quantitative data.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Competency in quantitative data analysis software (ex: SPSS or Stata).
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and innovative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor tasks.
- Good time management and willingness to work occasional long hours and travel to the field as required.
- Ability to independently and proactively work as a team member with minimum day-to-day oversight.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-driven, with ability to effectively build and manage networks and relationships for program promotion and issue-resolution.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and drive work streams from initiation to completion.
- Self-starter with an excellent ability to work autonomously to identify and serve needs with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Creative, innovative thinker with demonstrated openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Proven technical ability and experience in survey design, sampling methodologies, data analytics and statistical analysis.
- Ability to produce comprehensive and insightful reporting.
- Strong track record in program monitoring, evaluation & learning.
- Master’s Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree from recognized university in economics, statistics, Monitoring and evaluation, Project Management and planning or related field.
- At least five (5) years of solid experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities.
Interested applicants are required to submit their application with CV and other supportive documents through: Info@preciseethiopia.com
- Application deadline: September 06, 2020.
- Only short-listed applicant will be contacted via telephone.
- Please indicate the job position you are applying for on the subject part of the e-mail.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.