|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 20, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
More information at www.peopleinneed.czor https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/what-we-do/humanitarian-aid-and-development/ethiopia.
‘’Multisectoral life-saving response to the acute needs of the most vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Guji and West Guji zones, Oromia, Ethiopia”
Length of Contract: Definite employment contract until July 31, 2021
Required Number: 2 (two)
“Prevention and mitigation of COVID-19 spread among the most vulnerable population in Gedeo, SNNPR, and West Guji, Oromia, Ethiopia”
Length of Contract: Definite employment contract January 31, 2021
Required Number: One (1)
Length of Contract: Definite (Until March 31,2021)
- Provide quality guidance to projects/programs in their planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes as per PIN QSC criteria and strongly follow the progress of goals and objectives.
- Ensure PIN’s planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes meet the sector standards and comply with external accountability requirements.
- Develop and review the project's MEAL plan in collaboration with the program/project team. Agree on project performance indicators, methods of data collection and storage, monitoring timeframes and roles/ responsibilities, etc.
- Assess promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options and disseminate the learning outcomes to all concerned actors.
- Capacity building of the project team in MEAL practices and processes.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries verified and most in need are targeted for the assistance and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Engage in developing data collection methodology and tools and ensure the actual data collection is conducted with quality.
- Prepare all relevant MEAL reports (assessment, baseline, midterm, and endline) timely and guide the program team to practice result-based management.
- Prepare DM and PDM reports promptly and disseminate to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported promptly to relevant programs and managerial staff.
- Ensure Community Feedback and Response Mechanisms are put emplaced and follow the functionality and respond to queries promptly
- Any other related tasks as agreed and discussed with the Emergency program Manager and MEAL Department/unit.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics and other related fields of study, with minimum 2 years of experience in Monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Substantial experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning in emergency context
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience of data analysis techniques/packages
- Data management, visualization and report writing skill, Analytical, team work and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with CFRM (community Feedback and Response Mechanism)
- Documentation skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Organizational and project management skills, and ability to deliver within tight deadlines
- IT skills
- Good Knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link:
https://airtable.com/shrOn3RbVOyQMZnTu until August 26, 2020.
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies (available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies)
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.