|Location||Dollo Ado, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2020|
|Category|| Economics |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the M&E officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
· Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
· Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
· Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
· Ensure proper filing of documents
· Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
· Build the capacity of staff through trainings and support for effective implementation of the M&E systems, including; digital data gathering, data quality management, routine data quality assessment (including data validation, follow up and post implementation monitoring
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting as per NRC and other stakeholders’ requirements and expectations
· Implement and contextualize NRC HoASSY M&E framework and NRC Ethiopia and Djibouti M&E SOPs.
· Ensure consistency of approach at all levels in the M&E in collaboration with programme staff using M&E tools developed
· Oversee the systematic and continuous data collection and analysis on the progress of activities over time and monitor results in terms of timeliness, quality and accuracy in line with the logical framework approaches(LFAs), best practice and project management
· Provide technical support to field teams in planning and monitoring of on-going projects as well as development of systematic regular and structured M&E exercises
· Develop programme and operational reporting templates that facilitate acquisition and aggregation of information
Qualifications and Competences:
Generic professional competencies for this position:
· Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Some knowledge of English
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· University degree preferably in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or other relevant discipline
· At least 3 years’ experience from working as a monitoring & evaluation Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context and development programme
· Understanding of data and information needs for program management. Learning and decision making
· Knowledge of Local Language is an asset
· Understanding of various donors’ requirement
· Ability to work under pressure
· Handling insecure environment
· Planning and delivering results
· Empowering and building trust
· Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by August 18, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”