WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 25, 2022|
|Category|| NGO |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and manage M&E systems for the projects AMTP and SRVC as well as their contribution to the overall programme Promoting Agricultural Productivity in Ethiopia.
- Application and further development of efficient result-oriented M&E systems.
- Conception, design and revision of instruments and processes for data collection and evaluation; establishment of baseline data for all indicators.
- Support, guidance and supervision of those contributing to the M&E system (including development of formats with external political and implementation partners). Mainstream the application of the M&E systems and ensure its utilization by the entire project teams.
- Monitoring and documenting all project activities and progress towards achieving the project and programme goals; ensure multi-level result measurements (outputs/outcomes/impacts).
- Provision of appropriate input for various project reports and documents including annual and progress reports regularly on the status of results; supervision and quality control of reporting of the projects and their contribution to the overall programme.
- Support of studies to be conducted to analyze the results of the project. Drawing up of ToRs for specific purposes (e.g., evaluation, baseline surveys, need assessments etc.).
- Ensure results of the project are professionally communicated (for e.g., to external partners) and cooperate with PR experts of the projects and the programme to do so.
- Provision of feedback to the Project Leaders and Programme Manager on strategies and activities.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Economics, Social Science, Agricultural or Supply Chain Economics or any related field.
- Postgraduate degree (MSc or MBA or PhD degree) in above fields will be an asset
- At least 5 years professional experience in a comparable position.
- Very good knowledge of the development and application of result-oriented monitoring and evaluation instruments from technical and political perspective.
- Expertise and experiences with M&E systems, preferably with GIZ or any other international organization.
- Expertise and experiences with collecting, compiling and analysing quantitative and qualitative data.
- First-hand experience in dealing with political decision-makers, civil society, scientific institutions and in the agricultural sector.
- Experience with integrating gender and inclusion considerations into monitoring processes.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Proven knowledge of English and Amharic language, written and spoken. Knowledge of Afaan Oromo or Sidama is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g., MS Office); good knowledge of Excel essential.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis programmes is desirable.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills as well as self-reliant, cooperative and innovative working style.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong result oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an international team, take initiative and manage activities concurrently.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Knowledge of GIZ rules, regulations and systems is an asset.